UK Share ISA Broker's

For discussion about pensions, insurance, tax, ISA's, etc...
Forum rules
Please read: 24Knews Forum Rules

UK Share ISA Broker's

Postby Pixel8r » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:20 pm

I have been running my self select share ISA through http://www.selftrade.co.uk which enabled me to buy canadian gold and silver miners. The problem being that I always needed to ring them to put through a trade. They have just put up there telephone dealing charge to £17.50 from the standard of £12.50.

I also have an standard dealing account with http://www.tdwaterhouse.co.uk, which I was using for buying canadian juniors on the venture exchange which aren't capable of being held in an ISA. I am now going to be swapping my ISA to tdwaterhouse as they just charge the standard £12.50 per trade and enable you to keep other currencies within your account. As I mainly buy canadian stocks it makes sense o be able to just trade in and keep canadian dollars.

I also recently have been sent a certificate for a company (Jinshan) which changed there name, during their name change the stock dropped off the CREST settlement system, which meant the stock dropped out of my ISA. TDwaterhouse have let me know that I would be able to sell the stock via them, it takes 10 working days to be converted into their nominee account then can be sold.

For anyone thinking of opening a share trading ISA for buying gold and silver miners I now think http://www.tdwaterhouse.co.uk offers the best online service in the UK.
"Money is Gold, and nothing else"
(As John Pierpont Morgan once stated under oath before the USCongress and the Pujo Commission in 1912)
Pixel8r
Founder
Founder
Rhodium Rocket
Rhodium Rocket

Re: UK Share ISA Broker's

Postby Acton Boy » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:51 pm » Safari Mobile 11.0 Safari Mobile 11.0  iPad iPad  Screen Resolution: 768 x 1024 768 x 1024

Pix are you still using tdwaterhouse for ISA money and if so are they still good for buying Canadian miners?
Random avatar
Acton Boy
Silver Eagle Member
Silver Eagle Member
Progress to next rank:
59.9%

Postby Pixel8r » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:35 pm » Safari 11.1 Safari 11.1  Mac OS X Mac OS X  Screen Resolution: 2560 x 1440 2560 x 1440

Acton Boy » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:51 pm wrote:Pix are you still using tdwaterhouse for ISA money and if so are they still good for buying Canadian miners?

TDW appear to have been bought by https://www.ii.co.uk. Everything appears the same to me and I am still able to buy and sell Canadian stocks at decent rates. I have had my ISA with TDW since 2009 and think they are good, especially for Miners on the TSX.
(As John Pierpont Morgan once stated under oath before the USCongress and the Pujo Commission in 1912)
Pixel8r
Founder
Founder
Rhodium Rocket
Rhodium Rocket

Postby Acton Boy » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:52 pm » Safari Mobile 11.0 Safari Mobile 11.0  iPad iPad  Screen Resolution: 768 x 1024 768 x 1024

Thanks I’ll look into changing over to ii.co.uk
:thumbup:
Random avatar
Acton Boy
Silver Eagle Member
Silver Eagle Member
Progress to next rank:
59.9%

Postby Pixel8r » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:16 pm » Safari 11.0.3 Safari 11.0.3  Mac OS X Mac OS X  Screen Resolution: 2560 x 1440 2560 x 1440

Acton Boy » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:52 pm wrote:Thanks I’ll look into changing over to ii.co.uk
:thumbup:

Very good time to take a position in the right miners IMO. Be careful though to check the companies out well, I think you don't want any in lots of debt and requiring funding for some dream project. Many are solid performers though, even through this nasty bear. The best have been concentrating on reducing costs and are now very well positioned for the recovery of metal prices.
Pixel8r
Founder
Founder
Rhodium Rocket
Rhodium Rocket

Return to Personal Finance