CoinInvestDirect.com

24Knews main news & discussion threads
Forum rules
Please read: 24Knews Forum Rules

Re: CoinInvestDirect.com

Postby Tambouctor » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:29 am » Internet Explorer 9 Internet Explorer 9  Windows Seven 64 bits Windows Seven 64 bits  Screen Resolution: 1463 x 823 1463 x 823

Stun Lee and Win wrote:Yep. It is worth adding that German VAT on silver coins will move to 19% at the start of 2014 (from the current 7%).

Germany has enjoy a year extension as the VAT rate should have gone up beginning of this year.
Random avatar
Tambouctor
Sponsor
Sponsor
Progress to next rank:
10%
New Drachma Holder
New Drachma Holder

Postby Tambouctor » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:31 am » Internet Explorer 9 Internet Explorer 9  Windows Seven 64 bits Windows Seven 64 bits  Screen Resolution: 1463 x 823 1463 x 823

wee Jinky wrote:afaik- once you have paid vat in an eu country then vat cannot be charged a 2nd time
in another eu country - seems like this is a viable loophole

That is correct. The VAT applicable is the one of where the purchase has been made. We cannot advise on any legal issue b ut this is our understanding as well.
Random avatar
Tambouctor
Sponsor
Sponsor
Progress to next rank:
10%
New Drachma Holder
New Drachma Holder

Postby Acton Boy » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:00 pm » Safari Mobile 6.0 Safari Mobile 6.0  iPad iPad  Screen Resolution: 768 x 1024 768 x 1024

Thanks you for your replys, they helped me.

Does anyone know if Britannia coins are capital gains free because they have a sterling face value in the same way that sovereigns do?

AB
Random avatar
Acton Boy
Silver Eagle Member
Silver Eagle Member
Progress to next rank:
71.7%

Postby Pixel8r » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:24 pm » Safari 6.0.2 Safari 6.0.2  Mac OS X Mac OS X  Screen Resolution: 1680 x 1050 1680 x 1050

Acton Boy wrote:Thanks you for your replys, they helped me.

Does anyone know if Britannia coins are capital gains free because they have a sterling face value in the same way that sovereigns do?

AB

Yes they are.
"Money is Gold, and nothing else"
(As John Pierpont Morgan once stated under oath before the USCongress and the Pujo Commission in 1912)
Pixel8r
Founder
Founder
Rhodium Rocket
Rhodium Rocket

Postby Tambouctor » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:58 pm » Firefox 12.0 Firefox 12.0  Windows Seven 64 bits Windows Seven 64 bits  Screen Resolution: 1600 x 900 1600 x 900

Pixel8r wrote:

AB

Yes they are.

Thank you for the reply Pixel8! Coininvestdirect has been hit by a large volume of work and we just catching up with the high pre-Christmas gold demand.
Our clients are really good with us and we would like to thank you everyone that trust us!

Britannia and Sovereign are CGT free and they are very popular. The Britannias gold are coming in tubes of 10 now and i have to say that i find them gorgeous.

We wish you all the best for 2013 and may this year bring you health & wealth!
Random avatar
Tambouctor
Sponsor
Sponsor
Progress to next rank:
10%
New Drachma Holder
New Drachma Holder

Postby Pixel8r » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:05 pm » Safari 6.0.2 Safari 6.0.2  Mac OS X Mac OS X  Screen Resolution: 1920 x 1200 1920 x 1200

Tambouctor wrote:
Pixel8r wrote:

AB

Yes they are.

Thank you for the reply Pixel8! Coininvestdirect has been hit by a large volume of work and we just catching up with the high pre-Christmas gold demand.
Our clients are really good with us and we would like to thank you everyone that trust us!

Britannia and Sovereign are CGT free and they are very popular. The Britannias gold are coming in tubes of 10 now and i have to say that i find them gorgeous.

We wish you all the best for 2013 and may this year bring you health & wealth!

No problem I will help answer where I can.

There was any enquiry via the chat system earlier which you may be able to answer;

@ headmelter - Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:40 pm
Do CID offer any discounts on gold ? if so how many oz do you need to buy and what % is obtainable
(As John Pierpont Morgan once stated under oath before the USCongress and the Pujo Commission in 1912)
Pixel8r
Founder
Founder
Rhodium Rocket
Rhodium Rocket

Postby Tambouctor » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:53 pm » Firefox 12.0 Firefox 12.0  Windows Seven 64 bits Windows Seven 64 bits  Screen Resolution: 1600 x 900 1600 x 900

Hello, Coininvestdirect is always ready to negotiate and we appreciate when customers pick up their phone, as we will try to help them getting the best value for money.

Discounts are provided for purchase from 10 to 15 oz of gold and 500oz of silver (of the same item).

The past year, we have seen that the premiums are becoming lower and it is hard to provide better rates than what is on the website sometimes.
Factors such as the spot price and supply and demand may affect our decision on a daily basis.

Be aware that discounts are not what some people may expect but sometime, they provide a g decent small saving already.
Random avatar
Tambouctor
Sponsor
Sponsor
Progress to next rank:
10%
New Drachma Holder
New Drachma Holder

Postby Coininvestdirect » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:07 pm » Internet Explorer 9 Internet Explorer 9  Windows Seven 64 bits Windows Seven 64 bits  Screen Resolution: 1463 x 823 1463 x 823

Dear All,

We had this enquiry from a prospective client about how to store goods and we would appreciate your input (the customer authorise me to post this):

• Upon receiving my bullion I intend to keep it at my place of residence (in a safe). Can you tell me if I need to consider environment changes i.e. extreme weather temperature. Will my silver bullion be safe under extreme cold (below freezing) and heat in the summer months?

Thank you for your help as I am sure that we will learn a great deal from your replies.
Coininvestdirect
Sponsor
Sponsor
Progress to next rank:
38%
New Drachma Holder
New Drachma Holder

Postby Pixel8r » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:21 pm » Safari 6.0.2 Safari 6.0.2  Mac OS X Mac OS X  Screen Resolution: 1680 x 1050 1680 x 1050

Coininvestdirect wrote:Dear All,

We had this enquiry from a prospective client about how to store goods and we would appreciate your input (the customer authorise me to post this):

• Upon receiving my bullion I intend to keep it at my place of residence (in a safe). Can you tell me if I need to consider environment changes i.e. extreme weather temperature. Will my silver bullion be safe under extreme cold (below freezing) and heat in the summer months?

Thank you for your help as I am sure that we will learn a great deal from your replies.

I have my silver coins kept in Airtite coin capsules and they have been below freezing and have been fine. Basically you just need to keep the air off silver as it will cause it to tarnish. I have some lower value coins just kept in ziplock bags and they appear to not be showing any signs of tarnish after 5 years.

The following article might be useful for your customer;

How to Safely Store Your Coin Collection

Storing Your Coin Collect for Future Generations

By James Bucki, About.com Guide

Coin collections and coins themselves have a deep rich history and to preserve that history your coins need to be stored properly. Not to mention the monetary value that a well properly stored coin collection will provide to your heirs. Coins are made of metal, and with the exception of gold, most will react negatively with a variety of different environmental factors. Some of the most common metals used in coins are copper and silver. These metals are also some of the most chemically reactive metals known to man. If you know what the enemy is, you can create a defense plan to protect your collection.

Humidity
Humidity is a coin's biggest enemy. Coins are made of metal and some of the most common metals that coins are made out of react chemically when they come in contact with water. Water vapor is all around us in varying degrees and it can seep into just about anything.

Heat and Cold
Heat, by itself, does not necessarily damage all types of coins. But heat does reduce the time it takes for a coin to get damaged by other environmental factors such as humidity, acids and air pollution. At the other extreme, cold can also damage the delicate surface of uncirculated coins when humidity condenses into liquid water that will deposit itself onto the surface of your coins...
Pixel8r
Founder
Founder
Rhodium Rocket
Rhodium Rocket

Postby azazel » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:15 pm » Firefox 10.0 Firefox 10.0  Windows Seven 64 bits Windows Seven 64 bits  Screen Resolution: 1173 x 704 1173 x 704

Coininvestdirect wrote:Dear All,

Unless you have a warm dry house, best to keep your coins in a sealed container to stop damp getting in and damaging your coins. I keep mine in snap sealed food boxes I got from Morrisons. I think they are made from some sort of polythene type material with a gasket. I discovered that mould was affecting the cases of some of my commemorative coins but the sealed containers seem to do the trick.
azazel
Silver Eagle Member
Silver Eagle Member
Progress to next rank:
64.4%

Postby Pixel8r » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:42 pm » Safari 6.0.2 Safari 6.0.2  Mac OS X Mac OS X  Screen Resolution: 1680 x 1050 1680 x 1050

Buy back on 1oz Britannia's is now over spot. Is this the first time this has happened?

http://www.coininvestdirect.com/en/gold_coins/
Pixel8r
Founder
Founder
Rhodium Rocket
Rhodium Rocket

Postby triple-agent » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:43 pm » Firefox 18.0 Firefox 18.0  Windows Seven 64 bits Windows Seven 64 bits  Screen Resolution: 853 x 640 853 x 640

dear cid

why on earth are you charging vat on junk silver?

http://www.coininvestdirect.com/en/silv ... pound_rate

USA

Weight 1:
20 x 5.63g

Purity:
900/1000

Buy Back Price:
70.87 £

Sell NETTO Price:
76.72 £

Sell BRUTTO Price 2:
92.06 £

Quantity:

1 The weight displayed here is the fine gold or fine silver content of the item. It does not reflect the actual weight of the product which may be higher.

2 Price includes VAT
triple-agent
Half Krug Member
Half Krug Member
Progress to next rank:
70.7%

Postby triple-agent » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:40 pm » Firefox 18.0 Firefox 18.0  Windows XP Windows XP  Screen Resolution: 1024 x 600 1024 x 600

triple-agent wrote:dear cid

why on earth are you charging vat on junk silver?

http://www.coininvestdirect.com/en/silv ... pound_rate

USA

Weight 1:
20 x 5.63g

Purity:
900/1000

Buy Back Price:
70.87 £

Sell NETTO Price:
76.72 £

Sell BRUTTO Price 2:
92.06 £

Quantity:

1 The weight displayed here is the fine gold or fine silver content of the item. It does not reflect the actual weight of the product which may be higher.

2 Price includes VAT

here we have TOV hazel offering junk silver, VAT FREE

http://www.tov-hazel.com/en/silver-coin ... ilver.html
triple-agent
Half Krug Member
Half Krug Member
Progress to next rank:
70.7%

Postby triple-agent » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:15 pm » Firefox 18.0 Firefox 18.0  Windows Vista Windows Vista  Screen Resolution: 1280 x 1024 1280 x 1024

http://www.goldcore.com/products_servic ... ILVER90PCT

Investment Information

The silver coins in 40 and 90 percent bags are attractive both as an investment and savings medium, and could be used as a means of exchange in the event of a monetary or financial crisis. Bags of U.S. circulating legal tender coins (dimes, quarters, half-dollars) containing 90% silver are traded based on their precious metal weight.

One of the most popular ways to invest in silver bullion is with the 90% U.S. silver bags. These silver coins were misleadingly called "junk" silver bags when the name developed in the 1970s in order to describe a bag of average circulated silver coins - meaning no rare coins were included.

These bags have 715 ounces of pure silver, and can be purchased at close to their melt value. These silver bags are VAT free in the EU and some other jurisdictions due to their legal tender status. Please familiarise yourself with the legislation in your country relating to duties and taxes on silver, GoldCore are not responsible for any duty and tax charged on the bullion purchased.
triple-agent
Half Krug Member
Half Krug Member
Progress to next rank:
70.7%

Postby triple-agent » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:58 pm » Firefox 18.0 Firefox 18.0  Windows XP Windows XP  Screen Resolution: 1024 x 600 1024 x 600

OK

just to show that i don't have a vendetta against coininvestdirect (who i have used many times and had excellent service), here is another bullion dealer charging VAT on junk silver

http://www.bullionuk.com/products/silve ... tAodojIAdA

In summary, these coins are not pure silver (90%), can still be used as currency, can be collected for numismatic purposes, there is no valid reason for charging VAT on them
triple-agent
Half Krug Member
Half Krug Member
Progress to next rank:
70.7%

Postby Coininvestdirect » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:31 pm » Internet Explorer 9 Internet Explorer 9  Windows Seven 64 bits Windows Seven 64 bits  Screen Resolution: 1463 x 823 1463 x 823

Hello All,

The question has been raised internally and we just want to avoid any trouble with HMRC.

As a rule, we will always charge VAT on any silver coin in order to not have any unforseen consequences.

This is another case where the European laws are not on the same page yet and it can be very complicated to understand laws that are sometimes contradicting themselves.

We would like to not have this VAT problem on silver as this is putting an extra strain on that product that does not deserve it!
Coininvestdirect
Sponsor
Sponsor
Progress to next rank:
38%
New Drachma Holder
New Drachma Holder

Postby triple-agent » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:39 pm » Firefox 18.0 Firefox 18.0  Windows XP Windows XP  Screen Resolution: 1024 x 600 1024 x 600

Coininvestdirect wrote:Hello All,

The question has been raised internally and we just want to avoid any trouble with HMRC.

As a rule, we will always charge VAT on any silver coin in order to not have any unforseen consequences.

This is another case where the European laws are not on the same page yet and it can be very complicated to understand laws that are sometimes contradicting themselves.

We would like to not have this VAT problem on silver as this is putting an extra strain on that product that does not deserve it!

thanks for the reply
triple-agent
Half Krug Member
Half Krug Member
Progress to next rank:
70.7%

Postby id5 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:06 pm » Internet Explorer 9 Internet Explorer 9  Windows Seven 64 bits Windows Seven 64 bits  Screen Resolution: 1920 x 1080 1920 x 1080

I am not up on the VAT law in the Netherlands where TOV Hazel are based so they may have a country VAT rule that allows selling Junk Silver as an FX transaction instead of a goods transaction but if it was a UK or German company then they would most likely be prosecuted for tax evasion.

A similar set of rules stops you being paid in £2 Britannia silver coins rather than in 5 x £20 notes. Assume you are to be paid £100 cash in hand and your employer pays you 5 x £20 notes then the value you have been paid is £100 but if you are paid 50 x £2 Britannia’s then the value of the payment would be taken as today’s price from the Royal Mint at £57.20 x 50 = £2860. The cost of goods, its value far exceeds the purported transaction value and that makes it tax evasion.

In the case of Junk Silver assuming that a bag is made up of half dollars to £100 and GBP to USD exchange rate is $1.55 then £100 worth is 310 half dollar coins. If it is sold to you at a reasonable margin then you would pay around £105, a valid FX transaction that would not attract VAT because the coins are in circulation in the US but nobody in their right mind is going to make that transaction because in reality those 310 half dollars are really worth about $10.75 each which makes the bag really worth 310 x $10.75 = $3332.5 or £2150 excluding VAT.

In the UK or Germany if a company turns over more than a certain value it has to account for VAT. TOV Hazel could be small enough not to have to account for VAT and still make the sale without adding VAT but I suspect that they are not and if the Tax authorities get wind then they will be after them.

If you have a UK market to sell Junk Silver into then IMHO go and buy as much from TOV as your buyer will purchase off you as there is money to be made from the arbitrage as you will never be liable but they might.
There are 10^11 stars in the galaxy and we used to call them astronomical numbers, now they are just economical numbers
id5
Silver Eagle Member
Silver Eagle Member
Progress to next rank:
42.2%

Postby Coininvestdirect » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:10 pm » Firefox 12.0 Firefox 12.0  Windows Seven 64 bits Windows Seven 64 bits  Screen Resolution: 1600 x 900 1600 x 900

Hello, first of all, ID5 had a really good explanation about the VAT an junk silver and it was really instructive! Thank you for that.

Coininvetsdirect is currently processing purchase request for 5oz Gold Elephant, 1KG Queen Elisabeth Diamond Jubilee and Buffalo silver round.

The problem with the Buffalo round is the VAT again s this will not go through but we have good hope thte gold items will be bought.
Feel free to contact us if you would like this exceptional items.
Coininvestdirect
Sponsor
Sponsor
Progress to next rank:
38%
New Drachma Holder
New Drachma Holder

Postby Does Commute Abit » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:41 pm » Firefox 18.0 Firefox 18.0  Windows Seven 64 bits Windows Seven 64 bits  Screen Resolution: 1366 x 768 1366 x 768

Dear CID

I work a lot in London, often cycle past your offices in fact. Can I collect or deposit coins for purchase/sale at your offices?

I have never really trusted the mailing of coins through the UK postal system.

thanks
DCA
Does Commute Abit
Silver Eagle Member
Silver Eagle Member
Progress to next rank:
59.4%

PreviousNext

Return to Main Discussion Forum