Worthy Comments

24Knews main news & discussion threads
Forum rules
Please read: 24Knews Forum Rules

Worthy Comments

Postby Pixel8r » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:55 am » Safari 6.0.2 Safari 6.0.2  Mac OS X Mac OS X  Screen Resolution: 1920 x 1200 1920 x 1200

Use this thread to post worthy comments you find. Here's one that Laura spotted on ZH today;

Lordflin

I came to this fight rather late. It wasn't until my initial reading of Jekyll Island in the early ninties (I have since read it three more times along with libraries of additional tomes in related subjects... science, geopolitics, economics, and so on) that I that I got my first 'glimpse behind the curtain'. In fact, it was that glimpse that lead to the fact that I no longer live in Los Angeles, but rather on a farm in the Northwest. City boy turned farmer has been an interesting metamorphosis in itself.

Over the ensuing years I was forced to rewrite my own version of history as everything I thought I knew about the world resolved into a vision that became over time darker and more abhorrent. To the extent possible I have exited the system... The final step is to formally declare myself it's enemy... That time may come, as the system may well force my hand. It is, in fact, an ugly multi headed beast that will not go quietly into it's grave. In the interim I stab at the creature's heart. I do this with every bit of gold and silver I take beyond it's reach. The market is the forest in which the beast is king... It is the creature's market, it doesn't belong to us. And to the extent we continue to conform, and I have a position in junior miners, but it is small by comparison to the rest of my assets, we give the beast prolonged life.

The creature can not win. Its war is not only with those of us who desire to be free men... rather it stands in opposition to nature and to nature's God... The only real question is what will remain after this abomination succumbs to it's final fate. That we will choose for ourselves as we are masters of our own fate.

http://www.zerohedge.com/contributed/20 ... nt-3305001
"Money is Gold, and nothing else"
(As John Pierpont Morgan once stated under oath before the USCongress and the Pujo Commission in 1912)
Pixel8r
Founder
Founder
Rhodium Rocket
Rhodium Rocket

Re: Worthy Comments

Postby Schaublin » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:44 pm » Safari 4.0.3 Safari 4.0.3  Mac OS X Mac OS X  Screen Resolution: 1920 x 1200 1920 x 1200

Pixel8r wrote:Use this thread to post worthy comments you find. Here's one that Laura spotted on ZH today;

Lordflin

I came to this fight rather late. It wasn't until my initial reading of Jekyll Island in the early ninties (I have since read it three more times along with libraries of additional tomes in related subjects... science, geopolitics, economics, and so on) that I that I got my first 'glimpse behind the curtain'. In fact, it was that glimpse that lead to the fact that I no longer live in Los Angeles, but rather on a farm in the Northwest. City boy turned farmer has been an interesting metamorphosis in itself.

Over the ensuing years I was forced to rewrite my own version of history as everything I thought I knew about the world resolved into a vision that became over time darker and more abhorrent. To the extent possible I have exited the system... The final step is to formally declare myself it's enemy... That time may come, as the system may well force my hand. It is, in fact, an ugly multi headed beast that will not go quietly into it's grave. In the interim I stab at the creature's heart. I do this with every bit of gold and silver I take beyond it's reach. The market is the forest in which the beast is king... It is the creature's market, it doesn't belong to us. And to the extent we continue to conform, and I have a position in junior miners, but it is small by comparison to the rest of my assets, we give the beast prolonged life.

The creature can not win. Its war is not only with those of us who desire to be free men... rather it stands in opposition to nature and to nature's God... The only real question is what will remain after this abomination succumbs to it's final fate. That we will choose for ourselves as we are masters of our own fate.

http://www.zerohedge.com/contributed/20 ... nt-3305001

I saw that comment on Zerohedge. a position in junior miners would indicate the author is still a player in the system he claims to hate. Once one starts de-programing oneself, one should take the pain as well as the joy and not f**k about with half measures.

Having made some kind of sense of the earthly, and the inevitability of it all, one is ready to move on.
Schaublin
Silver Eagle Member
Silver Eagle Member
Progress to next rank:
48.1%

Postby Laura » Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:02 pm » Google Chrome 25.0.2.0 Google Chrome 25.0.2.0  Windows Seven Windows Seven  Screen Resolution: 1366 x 768 1366 x 768

Renegade Economist in fine (tweeting) form on St. Patrick's Day:

Q: Do you know how much my house has gone up in price?
A: Do you know you are disenfranchising others in a vain attempt to get on?

The bloke at the party who tells you about his inflated house price is - in economics terms - Vicky Pollard.

Where land rent ends up ultimately decides the fate of a civilisation or nation. The Medici's started a renaissance with Italy's rents.
Sai Baba, answering the question "What is the purpose of physical life?" responded: "To learn not to do it again."
Laura
Half Krug Member
Half Krug Member
Progress to next rank:
34.2%

Postby Laura » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:05 pm » Google Chrome 25.0.2.0 Google Chrome 25.0.2.0  Windows Seven Windows Seven  Screen Resolution: 1366 x 768 1366 x 768

From the movie The International:

Umberto Calvini: [In explaining the "true" nature of banking in the world] The IBBC is a bank. Their objective isn't to control the conflict, it's to control the debt that the conflict produces. You see, the real value of a conflict, the true value, is in the debt that it creates. You control the debt, you control everything. You find this upsetting, yes? But this is the very essence of the banking industry, to make us all, whether we be nations or individuals, slaves to debt.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0963178/?ref_=sr_2

Comment posted on http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-03-2 ... lackmailed
Sai Baba, answering the question "What is the purpose of physical life?" responded: "To learn not to do it again."
Laura
Half Krug Member
Half Krug Member
Progress to next rank:
34.2%

Postby Laura » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:57 pm » Google Chrome 25.0.2.0 Google Chrome 25.0.2.0  Windows Seven Windows Seven  Screen Resolution: 1366 x 768 1366 x 768

First comment after Charles (how is my timing) Hugh Smith's very long 'dollar going higher' treatise:

The dollar is going higher all right. It is moving to the stern of the Titannic as it rises higher out of the water.
Laura
Half Krug Member
Half Krug Member
Progress to next rank:
34.2%

Postby Pixel8r » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:33 pm » Safari 6.0.3 Safari 6.0.3  Mac OS X Mac OS X  Screen Resolution: 1680 x 1050 1680 x 1050

Laura wrote:First comment after Charles (how is my timing) Hugh Smith's very long 'dollar going higher' treatise:

The dollar is going higher all right. It is moving to the stern of the Titannic as it rises higher out of the water.

:clap: :D
(As John Pierpont Morgan once stated under oath before the USCongress and the Pujo Commission in 1912)
Pixel8r
Founder
Founder
Rhodium Rocket
Rhodium Rocket

Postby Laura » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:02 am » Google Chrome 25.0.2.0 Google Chrome 25.0.2.0  Windows Seven Windows Seven  Screen Resolution: 1366 x 768 1366 x 768

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-04-1 ... nt-3447923

Since the advent of manipulated markets by governments smoothing in all forms has supplanted the rule of law and economic principles almost without exception.

The ONLY type of event that has not been effectively controlled (with enough time and whatever required government intervention) are those that are completely unpredictable.

Predictable events such as the collapse of the Euro and other currencies, the collapse of systemically critical markets, and sovereigns have been smoothed via MSM, CB's and other government intervention to infinity to give all relevant parties enough time to remove at risk assets.

This is the primary goal.

To give all wealthy parties enough TIME to adjust to changing market conditions completely amerliorates the final risks that have not been governmentally controlled for and smoothed.

In this way, the proverbial "can kicking" can be prolonged virtually indefinitely in the absence of unpredictable events.

It is only an unpredictable event that can sufficiently destabilize and collapse the Ponzi before restabilization and smoothing via MSM, governments and CB's can respond.

"Unpredictable events" efectively defines their "achilles heel".
Laura
Half Krug Member
Half Krug Member
Progress to next rank:
34.2%

Postby hodson2k9 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:42 pm » Opera Mini 11.10 Opera Mini 11.10  Android Android  Screen Resolution: 282 x 349 282 x 349

Now this is a question EVERYONE should be talking about.

Ilargi wrote:
The only good thing about all this is that if
and when it becomes clear that there is no
growth left in the system, all its one-
dimensional advocates, from both the Spend!
and the Cut! parties, will disappear into a
great void. They have no idea what to do
without growth. There is no economics class
that teaches them, and they don't have the
brains to come up with an answer
themselves. Indeed, perhaps it's even true
that a "not necessarily growth" situation,
simply of its own accord, selects for other
"leaders". That power hungry psychopaths, in
all the various degrees to which they float to
the top of the dungheap, are wiped out and
alienated by such a situation.

That could be a very good thing. It's on the
way there, however, that we will see
unimaginable damage, mayhem and
bloodshed. The forever and always growth
classes have an iron grip on everyone's lives. If only because everyone believes them
. Still,
just because they can't change their ways
and views doesn't mean you can't. You can see quite easily that, in a material sense, you have more than enough already. And many of you have clued in to the destruction ever more growth brings to your children's living world (not to mention their brains).
Unfortunately, quite a few then fall for the
"more growth, but more greener" delusion. Or
some steady state one (we don't do steady,
we don't stand still).

When you get down to the heart of it, the only
reason we need more growth is to pay off our
debts. Which we owe largely to the same
small group of rich, psychopathic and
powerful that incessantly repeat the "need for
growth" message, and makes sure it's the
only message available out there. But we will
have to have the discussion some day, and it won't be initiated by the people and powers that rule our societies today; that one's up to us.

My bold.

http://www.theautomaticearth.com/Financ ... -into.html
"Unfortunately, the Fed can't print oil"
---Ben Bernake (2011)
Random avatar
hodson2k9
New Drachma Holder
New Drachma Holder
Progress to next rank:
10%

Postby Laura » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:16 pm » Google Chrome 26.2.2.0 Google Chrome 26.2.2.0  Windows Seven Windows Seven  Screen Resolution: 1366 x 768 1366 x 768

http://www.zerohedge.com/node/475736#comment-3696703

Wed, 06/26/2013 - 16:43 | 3696703new fonzannoon

Did anyone else see the guy debating Schiff on CNBShit today? The guy was going about the usual way when he went off script and non chalantly said that the fed was manipulating gold down to force people into equities. The hosts all squirmed and waited for the producers to drop the guy into the shark tank. Then someone followed up and asked him to clarify if he thinks gold is being manipulated like many "conspiracy websites" mention. He went completely off script and said "of course it is, just like they are manipulating every other market, and the bond market EVERY DAY, TO GET PEOPLE INTO EQUITIES".

Schiff was so concerned about his next talking point he completely whiffed on what the hell just happened. He should have went in for the kill. It was right there.

Bummer.

Wed, 06/26/2013 - 16:50 | 3696720new Al Huxley

Vote up!
Vote down!
That's f**king hilarious. To get away with saying gold (and EVERY OTHER MARKET) is being manipulated, twice in a CNBC spot, wow. Did somebody from the network follow up with a 'its because the Fed's going to be tapering' comment? Oh wait, they can't do that, it might f**k up the bond and equity markets.
Laura
Half Krug Member
Half Krug Member
Progress to next rank:
34.2%

Postby Pixel8r » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:34 am » Safari 6.0.5 Safari 6.0.5  Mac OS X Mac OS X  Screen Resolution: 1680 x 1050 1680 x 1050

^^^ Here's that interview, which is well worth a watch.

Watch on youtube.com
Pixel8r
Founder
Founder
Rhodium Rocket
Rhodium Rocket

Postby Laura » Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:13 pm » Google Chrome 15.0.874 Google Chrome 15.0.874  Windows Seven Windows Seven  Screen Resolution: 1366 x 768 1366 x 768

A fluffy Guardian article :
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... ter-person
produced comments reflecting a sick society:

There's nothing 'decent or upstanding' about being a landlord, I should know as I work for an estate agent (not lettting) and see the arseholes who own several properties and consequently don't have to work, they live off the product of the their tenant's labour. They have been lucky enough to have bought a property at the right time and then multiply that luck by borrowing against it to buy more, refurbish them into soulless boxes and charge exorbitant rents. They push prices up for those who want to buy a 'home' to actually live in creating more people who need to rent in the first place.
The sooner there are no more private landlords in this country the better everyone's lives will be.

http://discussion.theguardian.com/comme ... k/25706426
Laura
Half Krug Member
Half Krug Member
Progress to next rank:
34.2%

Postby Laura » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:25 pm » Google Chrome 28.0.4.0 Google Chrome 28.0.4.0  Windows Seven Windows Seven  Screen Resolution: 1366 x 768 1366 x 768

From an interview with Faisal Islam in August:

I was invited to lunch with some of our leading bankers at the top of Canary Wharf tower. It was about a month before Lehman Brothers collapsed and one of the very senior people there told me with all authority: "We are beyond the point of greatest danger." It struck me that if he had no idea what he was talking about, who did?

http://www.theguardian.com/books/2013/a ... fault-line

& from the comments section:
after 300 years of enclosures, privatizations, industralisations- the placing of profit and property over community England is well and truly atomised... the unit of deep trust shrinking from village to extended family to nuclear families and now with divorces at 60% of all marriages even that unit is fracturing. Poor old England I think it's only gonna learn the hard way the importance of community and solidarity and all those virtues.

http://discussion.theguardian.com/comme ... k/26116353

Edit to add this one:
GreatGrandDad LoveisEternal
18 August 2013 6:03am

.... the enormous strength of families and communities in adversity. That social capital has worked to replace the fast-withering welfare state.....
I live in a non-industrial area of rural SE Asia.
The 'Social Security System' is the extended family, who share the work on the land, and other activities such as the selling of produce at the local market, peddling round the villages, working away for a few years in various industrial areas in the 'Western' world, and so on.
A couple of years ago, I wrote a paper for a global financial conference giving the perspective of the coming global financial collapse from outside the global financial system.
The paper's crux said:
"Each village is self‐sufficient in the foods of the basic diet and all have mortgage‐free/rent‐free housing, so there is robust economic resilience.
A collapse of global finance was threatened in 2007/8 in the times of the ‘run on the bank’ at Northern Rock and Lehmann Brothers ‘going to the wall’ but AIG being ‘bailed out’, but it caused no shudders to villagers.
Global financial collapse holds no terrors for these villagers. It would be
inconvenient, as it would interrupt the inward flows of what are essentially luxuries and the outward flow of their surplus agricultural produce, but they would ‘ride the storm’ far more easily than those who live in urban areas."
I am so old that I experienced the last days of such 'financial resilience' in England, as I was born into somewhat similar 'peri-urban security' in a village between Bradford and Leeds.
The extended family of four generations lived in a row of cottages with The Field behind. In that, there were many ventures (and vestiges of ventures that had come and gone).
Vegetable gardens, beehives, pig sties, poultry sheds, greenhouses, and a garage/workshop where I remember three scrap Austin Sevens being cannibalised into two runners (and a kennel for the bitch when in heat), are the first that come back to mind.
Any member of the family who was on short time at the mill could pull their weight by putting in extra effort at whatever was needing to be done Up The Field.
It is going to be unfortunate for Britain that such 'resilience skills' have ceased to be handed down from generation to generation.
I am optimistic that today's youngsters will respond to 'the descent from Peak Prosperity' with spirit-----because their difficulties in developing their requisite skills will be enormous.
Laura
Half Krug Member
Half Krug Member
Progress to next rank:
34.2%

Postby Laura » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:06 pm » Opera 12.16 Opera 12.16  Windows Seven Windows Seven  Screen Resolution: 1366 x 768 1366 x 768

On reading of Ben's 'Overconfidence'

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-03-0 ... nt-4509723

It's like somebody broke into my house, stole all my stuff and when I go to my insurance company they send my check to the f**king burglar.
That's what Bernanke did.
He didn't help anyone, he caved into the perpetrators.
He should have mailed QE to people struggling to feed their children, not piss it all over guys struggling to keep up payments on their yacht.
Bernanke pumped the wrong end of the pyramid and he knows it. He will take that knowledge to his grave.
Laura
Half Krug Member
Half Krug Member
Progress to next rank:
34.2%

Postby Laura » Tue May 13, 2014 7:32 pm » Google Chrome 34.0.184 Google Chrome 34.0.184  Windows Seven Windows Seven  Screen Resolution: 1440 x 900 1440 x 900

The Farce Is Complete: Joe Biden's Son Joins Board Of Largest Ukraine Gas Producer

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-05-1 ... nt-4755796

My god these fuckers are shameless greed mongers! Really, what the f**k can you say about these people. Set off a murderous gang of Nazis, destroy a whole nation and kill hundreds of people, all so some Washington DC **** can line their pockets with money. Hell is too nice of a place for the entire Washington DC crowd of thugs, liars and spies. These pricks are spying on our every thought, deed and plan. They say we can't be trusted, we are all suspect in the eyes of the great Washington Police State.

This latest news is beyond even what I thought these greedy fucks were capable of. Nuland probably has family connections to hundreds of millions of dollars of the 5 billion she spent to fund a nazi revolution. Check Israeli Bank records, I bet much of that money was laundered through Israel and went to Israel based contractors to the State Department. We taxpayers are such suckers! They treat us like enemies of the state, with a gulag prison system for us if we are seen to threaten their power, they put us trillions in debt, use our good names as Americans to start wars, fund Al-Qaeda and now openly operate a Nazi forces inside Europe. These people have stolen America, we are prsioners in our own land, if we try and take America back, they have endless numbers of killer cops, spies, special forces and kill teams. It is a proven fact that the US miltiary special forces has a kill team of it's best special forces memebers that operates as a personal kill team for Obama. Obama commands these men, and only he can order the hits. I suspect the Maidan snipers were these men, acting on orders from a killer president who has carried out a drone war in 7-8 nations which Obama claims personal power over as commander of his kill squad.

Anyone a decade ago reading or writing about this sort of future would have been declared insane. YET, this is 2014 reality. As I write, Obama Nazi's are shooting up another village in East Ukraine. The only good thing is reports from Kiev acknowledge around 6-8 dead Nazis in the operation.
Laura
Half Krug Member
Half Krug Member
Progress to next rank:
34.2%

Postby Laura » Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:42 am » Google Chrome 34.0.184 Google Chrome 34.0.184  Android Android  Screen Resolution: 960 x 544 960 x 544

As one astute commentator said on Twitter this week, being able to acquire cheaper gold given the state of the world today is "like being given discounts on life-rafts on the Titanic ..."

Goldcore blog. 1st June.
Laura
Half Krug Member
Half Krug Member
Progress to next rank:
34.2%

Postby Stun Lee and Win » Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:07 pm » Google Chrome 34.0.184 Google Chrome 34.0.184  Windows Seven 64 bits Windows Seven 64 bits  Screen Resolution: 1920 x 1080 1920 x 1080

Great post from Free Trader on HPC

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ ... 018&page=2

What counts going forward is whether at some point central banks and governments allow individuals to face the consequences of their poor decisions, come what may. The evidence over the past few years is that they simply haven't the stomach for this and will ALWAYS back off under pressure.

On my very first post on this forum in 2005 I wrote:

"The removal of the principle of personal responsibility has led to a willingness (and demand) for compensation for whatever ill may befall an individual, regardless of his or her actions. It seems inevitable to me therefore that there will be tremendous pressure this time round to bail out debtors at the expense of savers and those with capital. Whether this manifests itself through inflationary monetising, mandatory debt forgiveness or 'emergency' wealth taxes is a matter of debate. The end result would be that those who have saved and not been irresponsible would be sacrificed to save the herd (and the skins of the central bankers and politicians)."

Everything that has happened thus far has validated this view, but now we are seeing the inevitable outcome of this perversity: the concept of 'risk' is being relentlessly eliminated, and every man and his dog has come to believe that central banks and the state will bail them out if they take a punt that backfires. We are now witnessing the ultimate put option, with speculators around the world convinced that the authorities will ALWAYS buckle under pressure if there is any suggestion that they may take losses.

The media are totally complicit in this circus. Set up a focus group of five people: "Justice for Mortgage Liars", get the Daily Mail to take up your case: "Sally lied about her income when she got a mortgage because she needed a home for her seven abused kittens, but now the Stasi Halifax are threatening to make her homeless" and before you know it 'Dave' Cameron will appear on the BBC telling everyone that it's the Government's priority to help people like Sally and that he's introducing a new 'Help The Kitties" scheme to address the problem. Sally will be given a new five bedroom home overlooking the Thames, all paid for by the taxpayer, so that she and her pets may never have to worry about financial pressures again.

It's a completely fukced up world, but I have to admit that I'm completely fascinated by it. Logic tells me that the system MUST break at some point - that these warped outcomes where the losers become the winners and the prudent lie dead by the roadside MUST at some point have repercussions, But who knows? Maybe this will go on for years, even decades…I just don't know.

One thing I am convinced of though is that until we see a return to system where risk and reward are sensibly related, we will not have a properly functioning society.
Stun Lee and Win
Silver Eagle Member
Silver Eagle Member
Progress to next rank:
83.3%

Postby Laura » Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:47 pm » Google Chrome 34.0.184 Google Chrome 34.0.184  Android Android  Screen Resolution: 960 x 544 960 x 544

I fink I should be entitled to compensation because I wasn't shown that in 2005 :evil:

Edit: Further compensation should be forthcoming because I probably would not have understood it cos of havin a bad edukashun..... or not being Timmy Geithner. Worthy comments litter this one (though I doubt anyone missed it): http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-06-0 ... con-artist
Laura
Half Krug Member
Half Krug Member
Progress to next rank:
34.2%

Postby Laura » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:03 pm » Google Chrome 34.0.184 Google Chrome 34.0.184  Android Android  Screen Resolution: 960 x 544 960 x 544

1. We need oil
2. The islamists have most of it
3. They have us over a barrel
4. They know it
5. We know it
6. So we are under their control
Answer
1. Put full international effort and investment in Thorium Atomic Energy and Fusion power generation technology.
2. Power civilised countries with this new technology.
3. Leave the islamists to butcher each other.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-27852832

A minor issue: This was also the day the bbc gave a platform to a war criminal at your expense.
Laura
Half Krug Member
Half Krug Member
Progress to next rank:
34.2%

Postby Laura » Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:41 pm » Google Chrome 34.0.184 Google Chrome 34.0.184  Android Android  Screen Resolution: 960 x 544 960 x 544

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-06-1 ... nt-4872956

Iraq was absolutely designed to fail, there was never any question that USA "occupation" was anything more than a timed release of failure - a shelf life.

No one (except everyone that has been there past and present) could have known, right? Total bullshit.

Iraq is just business. Good, bad or indifferent, the war racket got paid and that is the foreign policy. War = stimulus = monetized "democracy in a box," nothing more.

Quit acting like Iraqis or soldiers or anyone else matter when greed is, was, and will only be the point for wandering the desert, or as Fascists in DC like to imply, dessert.

When do Americans pull their collective heads from their asses and realize killing US soldiers is in the name of DC Fascism (since Johnson). C'mon you "patriotic" suckers - it's your kids monetized and liquidated
Laura
Half Krug Member
Half Krug Member
Progress to next rank:
34.2%

Postby Laura » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:32 pm » Google Chrome 35.0.190 Google Chrome 35.0.190  Windows Seven Windows Seven  Screen Resolution: 1280 x 800 1280 x 800

A post by 'Dorkins' on hpc a few weeks back:
I've given up on plans. We are living in an age of increasingly arbitrary authority in which two clicks of a bureaucrat's mouse can make a life of hard work and sacrifice worthless in milliseconds. I'm just enjoying my day-to-day work (yes, really), enjoying time with my girlfriend, and signing as few pieces of paper as possible. I don't believe a single thing I am told by a government, a bank, a pension provider or anybody involved in real estate. I used to think about having kids, now I can see they would just be used against me by governments and employers to make me work harder. If you pretend to throw the ball too many times, the dog stops chasing. That's where I am now
Laura
Half Krug Member
Half Krug Member
Progress to next rank:
34.2%

Next

Return to Main Discussion Forum