The end of manipulation in gold & silver

24Knews main news & discussion threads
Forum rules
Please read: 24Knews Forum Rules

The end of manipulation in gold & silver

Postby Pixel8r » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:06 pm » Safari 7.0.1 Safari 7.0.1  Mac OS X Mac OS X  Screen Resolution: 1680 x 1050 1680 x 1050

It looks like we are approaching the time when manipulation in the gold and silver markets will come an end. It almost seems like it isn't possible that it will, as it has been going on for an eternity, but I think we are approaching the time when it will and we will see gold and silver move to their true market values.

Why do I think things are starting to finally change?

We have had the German regulators saying manipulation of precious metals "is worse than the Libor-rigging scandal." Followed by Deutsche Bank exiting the setting of the gold/silver price fix.

The western physical metal is rapidly leaving our shores and heading East, the more that leaves the less clout the western price setting manipulators will have. The amount of physical metal that is now being sold on the Shanghai Gold Exchange (SGE) is now approaching (and surpassing on occasion) world gold production.

In his recent interview on KWN Andrew Maguire was talking about how the Chinese are going deals with producers to buy future production at over spot, further limiting the amount of physical the LBMA & COMEX have access to for rehypothecation.

Everything seems to be lining up for major fireworks to me over the next year, do you think I reading to much into this?
"Money is Gold, and nothing else"
(As John Pierpont Morgan once stated under oath before the USCongress and the Pujo Commission in 1912)
Pixel8r
Founder
Founder
Rhodium Rocket
Rhodium Rocket

Re: The end of manipulation in gold & silver

Postby Acton Boy » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:30 pm » Safari Mobile 7.0 Safari Mobile 7.0  iPad iPad  Screen Resolution: 768 x 1024 768 x 1024

" Everything seems to be lining up for major fireworks to me over the next year, do you think I reading to much into this? "

Not in the least pix.

The news that the fed has only returned five tons of the Germans gold might well turn out to be the straw that breaks the camels back of this incredible story.

At some point there will be holders of paper claims trying to turn paper into physical, basically what the Germans have just tried and are failing to do.

Other countries will demand the physical return of their property.

The fed will try to convince the world ( again ) it really doesn't matter as gold is a useless barbarous relic.

This in my humble opinion will end up in a panic, it won't be a pleasant sight.

Will this come to pass in 2014 ? Who knows, I'm really surprised that that it's not already happened.
Random avatar
Acton Boy
Silver Eagle Member
Silver Eagle Member
Progress to next rank:
71.5%

Postby Hooloovoo » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:58 pm » Safari 5.0.6 Safari 5.0.6  Mac OS X Mac OS X  Screen Resolution: 1280 x 800 1280 x 800

It's coming.

I'm waiting for the stock market to collapse.
If the FED really tapers and the stocks collapse - then we are Golden.
That would be a dream scenario for Gold Bugs.
It would force the FED to taper the taper and try to reinflate.
-Only thing - once a Parabola is broken money doesn't flow back to it for a while.
So any extra liquidity from that point won't flow to stocks - but as it has to end up somewhere, it will be commodities turn to shine - particular the particulary shiny commodities..

Loose money is their only weapon, and when it starts flowing into commodities instead of stocks they will be their own worst enemy.

This can only go on for so long.

I expect it to end this year.
Youth unemployment in some southern European countries who couldn't afford to save their banks - but foolishly did anyway - is approaching 50%.
Spain has already passed 50%.
Iceland - who let their banks go bust and refused to let their citizens foot the bill - has 4% unemployment.

It's hard to tell wether Governments are evil or ignorant/stupid.
But when you look at how ignorant and uninformed the average person is - and realize that statistically half of them are even more stupid than that - then quite a lot can probably be explained by incompetence.

If it's incompetence that's behind the manipulation efforts - then logically it will end due to incompetence.
If it is Evil it will also end - Evil doesn't feel compassion and doesn't know when to stop pressing on - hence Evil always overstretches, it is in it's nature.

It will end - and it won't be pretty.
But the sooner it ends the better for everybody.
Hooloovoo
Silver Eagle Member
Silver Eagle Member
Progress to next rank:
66%

Postby triple-agent » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:22 am » Safari Mobile 4.0 Safari Mobile 4.0  Android Android  Screen Resolution: 800 x 1003 800 x 1003

Good post hoo
triple-agent
Half Krug Member
Half Krug Member
Progress to next rank:
70.7%

Postby Hooloovoo » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:16 pm » Safari 5.0.6 Safari 5.0.6  Mac OS X Mac OS X  Screen Resolution: 1280 x 800 1280 x 800

The end might be near.

The FED just tapered another 10 billion without moving the Gold price at all.

Obviously you would think it would be bad for Gold if loose money comes to an end - so this ought to be Gold negative.

Well, if something ought to sell off on negative news but doesn't - then it is a sign that the trend has changed and that the asset can't be pushed down further.
We might indeed have bottomed in Gold finally.

If they seriously end QE this year the stockmarket will tank.

What will be if Yellen then starts yelling because of the selling there is no telling but it will be smelling.

The market will wake up with a serious hangover and what will happen.
Well, lets consult the Hangover Master to see how the markets will treat Yellen:
Watch on youtube.com

Jeltsin is not impressed :D

If the markets start to tank they won't be saved by new QE as per previous post.

We might be closer than we think.
Hooloovoo
Silver Eagle Member
Silver Eagle Member
Progress to next rank:
66%

Postby Pixel8r » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:03 pm » Safari 6.1.1 Safari 6.1.1  Mac OS X Mac OS X  Screen Resolution: 1920 x 1200 1920 x 1200

Seems to be hitting the mainstream finally, with articles from the FT (pulled soon after release) and Bloomberg this week. Funny how it is taking highly paid researchers to discover what has been common knowledge for years. Oh well the end draws closer…

Gold Price "Manipulated For A Decade", Repeatedly Slammed Lower, Bloomberg Reports

While the FT promptly retracted an article on precisely the topic of gold manipulation from earlier this week (recorded for posterity here), Bloomberg appears to not have had the same "editorial" concerns and pressures, and today released an article once again slamming the final conspiracy theory that while every other asset class is manipulated, gold is in a pristine class of its own, untouched by close-banging, price fixing traders or central bankers, and reports that "the London gold fix, the benchmark used by miners, jewelers and central banks to value the metal, may have been manipulated for a decade by the banks setting it, researchers say."

Of course, over the past 5 years we have reported time and again how official gold manipulation started in earnest some time in the 1960s (who can forget the "reshuffle club") but we will start with a decade...
(As John Pierpont Morgan once stated under oath before the USCongress and the Pujo Commission in 1912)
Pixel8r
Founder
Founder
Rhodium Rocket
Rhodium Rocket

Postby Stun Lee and Win » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:24 pm » Google Chrome 32.0.170 Google Chrome 32.0.170  Windows Seven 64 bits Windows Seven 64 bits  Screen Resolution: 1920 x 1080 1920 x 1080

Well done to the intrepid and brilliant investigative journalists at Bloomberg for coming up with an astounding scoop story. No one at all knew that this was going on, they must have spent years collecting the evidence for this story. Thank heavens that we have a free press to protect us from abuse.

Edit: On reading the story again, they still haven't mentioned the important stuff, i.e. the super slamdowns for silver at the end of April 2011 and Gold in September 2011, the Leap Year day metals massacre of 2012 and scores, even hundreds of other smaller events,
Stun Lee and Win
Silver Eagle Member
Silver Eagle Member
Progress to next rank:
83.3%

Postby Stun Lee and Win » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:54 pm » Google Chrome 32.0.170 Google Chrome 32.0.170  Windows Seven 64 bits Windows Seven 64 bits  Screen Resolution: 1920 x 1080 1920 x 1080

Kevin Maher, a New York resident who says he bought and sold gold and gold futures and options, sued in Manhattan federal court on Tuesday, the report said, alleging the five banks overseeing the century-old benchmark colluded to manipulate it.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/03/ ... R620140305
Stun Lee and Win
Silver Eagle Member
Silver Eagle Member
Progress to next rank:
83.3%

Postby Stun Lee and Win » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:16 pm » Google Chrome 32.0.170 Google Chrome 32.0.170  Windows Seven 64 bits Windows Seven 64 bits  Screen Resolution: 1920 x 1080 1920 x 1080

I phoned them (the law firm) because I wanted to get involved in a class action lawsuit. I don’t know whether I will at this point in time because I’m Canadian and the lawsuit is filed in the U.S., but I think there is lots of energy behind the claims that we all have of manipulation

http://kingworldnews.com/kingworldnews/ ... ation.html
Stun Lee and Win
Silver Eagle Member
Silver Eagle Member
Progress to next rank:
83.3%

Postby Pixel8r » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:10 pm » Safari 7.0.3 Safari 7.0.3  Mac OS X Mac OS X  Screen Resolution: 1680 x 1050 1680 x 1050

There was another massive sign last week that the end of manipulation in gold & silver is on its way. The CME which operates the COMEX exchange has realised that they are becoming irrelevant and is planning to launch a physically settled gold futures contract in Asia.

We already have most physical gold being delivered through the Shanghai Gold Exchange, we also have Jim Sinclair's Singapore Mercantile Exchange launching along with this new CME one. The days of leveraged paper manipulation are numbered as the physical market takes over, it will become irrelevant as I have been saying for a while now. We will come to understand the age old saying of "those that hold the gold make the rules" again very soon. For too long we have been living in a world where those that have access to the newly created fiat have had too much power.

CME plans to launch physically settled Asia gold futures-sources

SINGAPORE/NEW YORK, April 24 (Reuters) - CME Group Inc plans to launch a physically deliverable gold futures contract in Asia, three sources familiar with the matter said, as the world's No.1 futures exchange targets rising hedging and investor demand in the top gold-consuming region.

An Asian contract from CME could help set a pricing reference for gold futures in Asia, much like its U.S. COMEX gold contract sets the benchmark for bullion futures globally.

The move may also help CME boost flagging revenues from its precious metals futures and comes as its rivals are expanding their presence in Asia to tap demand from China, the world's biggest consumer of commodities, including gold.

CME is most likely to launch the gold contract in Hong Kong, with Singapore also an option, two sources briefed on the matter said, adding the contract is likely to be launched this year...
Pixel8r
Founder
Founder
Rhodium Rocket
Rhodium Rocket

Postby Pixel8r » Wed May 14, 2014 5:18 pm » Safari 7.0.3 Safari 7.0.3  Mac OS X Mac OS X  Screen Resolution: 1680 x 1050 1680 x 1050

Double post from the silver thread, but this shows we are approaching the end. :D

London’s silver price fix dies after nearly 120 years

It was born in the late 19th century when a handful of London bullion dealers agreed to meet daily under a cloud of cigar smoke to set the price for the “devil’s metal”. But now, after 117 years of operation, the London silver fix – an integral part of the city’s $1.6tn-a-year silver market – is on its deathbed.

The three banks that arrange silver’s global benchmark said on Wednesday that prices would be “fixed” for the final time at noon on August 14. The move comes on the heels of increased scrutiny by European and US regulators into precious metals price-setting following the Libor scandal and probe into possible forex market abuse...
Pixel8r
Founder
Founder
Rhodium Rocket
Rhodium Rocket

Return to Main Discussion Forum