Scotland's Independence *sniggers*

24Knews main news & discussion threads
Forum rules
Please read: 24Knews Forum Rules

Re: Scotland's Independence *sniggers*

Postby wee Jinky » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:44 pm » Safari 4.0 Safari 4.0  Android Android  Screen Resolution: 1280 x 800 1280 x 800

:lol:
wee Jinky
Quarter Krug Member
Quarter Krug Member
Progress to next rank:
99.8%

Postby wee Jinky » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:44 am » Safari 4.0 Safari 4.0  Android Android  Screen Resolution: 1280 x 800 1280 x 800

Now I've stopped chuckling at WPs threat to send me to the naughty step for disloyalty
I'd like to say that we have all condemned the BoE on here and would love to get rid
of this central bank controller from our lives. We can do this by putting a single X on
a ballot paper, is that a good enough reason?
wee Jinky
Quarter Krug Member
Quarter Krug Member
Progress to next rank:
99.8%

Postby Pixel8r » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:01 am » Safari 7.0.6 Safari 7.0.6  Mac OS X Mac OS X  Screen Resolution: 2560 x 1440 2560 x 1440

wee Jinky » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:44 am wrote:Now I've stopped chuckling at WPs threat to send me to the naughty step for disloyalty
I'd like to say that we have all condemned the BoE on here and would love to get rid
of this central bank controller from our lives. We can do this by putting a single X on
a ballot paper, is that a good enough reason?

Won't make any difference it would just be replaced by another fat Scottish fiat controller.
"Money is Gold, and nothing else"
(As John Pierpont Morgan once stated under oath before the USCongress and the Pujo Commission in 1912)
Pixel8r
Founder
Founder
Rhodium Rocket
Rhodium Rocket

Postby wee Jinky » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:22 am » Safari 4.0 Safari 4.0  Android Android  Screen Resolution: 1280 x 800 1280 x 800

It will certainly make no difference if we remain
What it will give us if we leave is the opportunity to create a fairer
more open system. Change cannot come with a no vote, change
will come with a yes vote, it is up to the Scottish people to ensure
that change is for the better , it certainly couldnt be any worse.
Get yer Scottish passport on standby Pix , you may need it sooner
than you think.
wee Jinky
Quarter Krug Member
Quarter Krug Member
Progress to next rank:
99.8%

Postby Stun Lee and Win » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:29 am » Google Chrome 36.0.198 Google Chrome 36.0.198  Windows Seven 64 bits Windows Seven 64 bits  Screen Resolution: 1920 x 1080 1920 x 1080

sniggers

Latest ICM poll puts Yes camp ahead by 8%

http://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/ ... x.25322075
Stun Lee and Win
Silver Eagle Member
Silver Eagle Member
Progress to next rank:
83.3%

Postby Laura » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:20 pm » Google Chrome 33.0.175 Google Chrome 33.0.175  Windows Seven Windows Seven  Screen Resolution: 1280 x 800 1280 x 800

wee Jinky » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:22 am wrote:It will certainly make no difference if we remain
What it will give us if we leave is the opportunity to create a fairer
more open system.

All this is going to do is divide the peasantry; & all because the single cell organisms that will vote on the 18th can't tell the difference between 'the English', & the (so called) English establishment.
It's going to turn nasty, which is exactly what certain forces want.
Sai Baba, when asked the question "What is the purpose of physical life?" responded: "To learn not to do it again."
Laura
Half Krug Member
Half Krug Member
Progress to next rank:
34.8%

Postby wee Jinky » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:27 pm » Safari 4.0 Safari 4.0  Android Android  Screen Resolution: 1280 x 800 1280 x 800

I think we're fed up being told we're not big enough or strong enough or smart enough to look after ourselves.
The Stockholm syndrome has lasted too long, the people are confident enough , have enough self belief and determination
to succeed . If the Belgians can run their own affairs I have no doubts the Scots can .
wee Jinky
Quarter Krug Member
Quarter Krug Member
Progress to next rank:
99.8%

Postby Pixel8r » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:34 pm » Safari 7.0.6 Safari 7.0.6  Mac OS X Mac OS X  Screen Resolution: 2560 x 1440 2560 x 1440

wee Jinky » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:27 pm wrote:I think we're fed up being told we're not big enough or strong enough or smart enough to look after ourselves.
The Stockholm syndrome has lasted too long, the people are confident enough , have enough self belief and determination
to succeed . If the Belgians can run their own affairs I have no doubts the Scots can .

I am quiet sure they would be able to, but the question is if they would be better together or apart.
"Money is Gold, and nothing else"
(As John Pierpont Morgan once stated under oath before the USCongress and the Pujo Commission in 1912)
Pixel8r
Founder
Founder
Rhodium Rocket
Rhodium Rocket

Postby wee Jinky » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:54 pm » Safari 4.0 Safari 4.0  Android Android  Screen Resolution: 1280 x 800 1280 x 800

Thatcher answered that one for me Pix.
wee Jinky
Quarter Krug Member
Quarter Krug Member
Progress to next rank:
99.8%

Postby warpig » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:18 pm » Google Chrome 37.0.206 Google Chrome 37.0.206  Windows Seven 64 bits Windows Seven 64 bits  Screen Resolution: 1680 x 1050 1680 x 1050

As I said to you in an earlier post WJ, you were feck'd by the Scottish and an uneconomical industrial base, but you choose to cling to urban myths instead of debating these points. If Thatcher was Scottish, you'd have a completely different opinion.
"There can be no other criterion, no other standard than gold. Yes, gold which never changes, which can be turned into ingots bars, coins, which has no nationality and which is eternally and universally accepted as the unalterable fiduciary value par excellence"

"Betting against gold is the same as betting on governments. He who bets on governments and government money, bets against 6,000 years of recorded human history."

Charles de Gaulle
warpig
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster
Progress to next rank:
15.1%

Postby warpig » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:32 am » Google Chrome 37.0.206 Google Chrome 37.0.206  Windows Seven 64 bits Windows Seven 64 bits  Screen Resolution: 1680 x 1050 1680 x 1050

Everyone with a vested interest in the referendum should read this article.

It was within a public meeting that I realised there was no absolutely no debate within the Yes camp. Zero debate – the focus was instead on attacking the enemy and creating an impenetrable shell to protect the unquestionable entity. In its place was a kind of shopping list of desires that was being added to daily. So there was: Get rid of Trident, raise the minimum wage, lower corporation tax, promote gay and lesbian rights, create a world leading Green economy, exploit oil to the full and become a world leading petro-chemical economy, nationalise the banks, nationalise BP, be more attractive to foreign investment. The shopping list of ‘positive’ ideal goals could never tally up, the desires of the Yessers were incompatible and contradicted each other, but to raise this was seen as being ‘negative’. Every kind of Yes had to be included, and this meant there could be no debate. Instead there was a kind of self-censorship and conformism. The Yes camp had turned itself into a recruitment machine which had to silence dissent and differences between the many clashing interest groups under its banner. This was what YES had started to mean – it meant YES to everything – everything is possible – so don’t question anything. You couldn’t talk about what would happen after the referendum because then all the conflicts between all the different desires and factions would emerge. Questioning even triggered a self-policing process – The Yes Thought Police – rather like the Calvinist one in which doubters started to hate themselves and became fearful of showing signs of their inner torment. I have witnessed some of the greatest minds within Scotland go through this process, one week they are vocally discussing complex issues of global capitalism and the next they’re posting ‘selfies’ of teenagers waving flags and photos of cute puppy dogs carrying Yes signs in their mouths. The conformist dumbing down has been acute and noted by those outside Scotland who wondered where all the intellectuals went.

So why do we need to leave the union to engage in this painful process we call democracy?

I left the Yes camp and joined the No camp not because I like the UK or think the status quo works well as it is. No. I think things are as complicated and compromised as they always are and that we live in trying times. The Yes camp understand that and so have created an illusion of a free space in which everything you’ve ever wanted can come to pass – overnight. How can it? There are exactly the same political conflicts within the factions of Yes as there are within the UK.

http://wakeupscotland.wordpress.com/201 ... nged-to-no
"There can be no other criterion, no other standard than gold. Yes, gold which never changes, which can be turned into ingots bars, coins, which has no nationality and which is eternally and universally accepted as the unalterable fiduciary value par excellence"

"Betting against gold is the same as betting on governments. He who bets on governments and government money, bets against 6,000 years of recorded human history."

Charles de Gaulle
warpig
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster
Progress to next rank:
15.1%

Postby Laura » Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:25 am » Google Chrome 34.0.184 Google Chrome 34.0.184  Android Android  Screen Resolution: 960 x 544 960 x 544

Thxs Warpig :clap:
From the comments:

The only moment I have smiled in the last hour:
"On the plus side there will be a large number of new jobs created when they have to set up a border with England, and increase the Coast Guard numbers to stop smugglers from England bringing in luxuries, like food"

Chilling. I wonder if this guy raised his fist after his last sentence:
"This referendum is about a simple question. Should Scotland be an independent country? If the answer is a Yes as all these disparate groups desire then we will have a fair democratic election under a PR system where this range of views can be represented. Quite rightly the finer points of policy and setting agendas are in the background until independence has been achieved"

The comments also pointed me to this: http://www.scottishreview.net/CarolCraig172.shtml

Accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative

The SNP prides itself on the positivity of their election strategies but this only started before the 2007 election following a workshop with the Really Effective Development Company where, amongst other things, they learned about Martin Seligman's research on how it's the most optimistic candidate in American presidential elections who usually wins. According to Paul Hutcheon, the late SNP MSP Brian Adam revealed a bizarre strategy for ensuring candidates remained upbeat: 'We were all presented with a bag of pennies. Every time we said anything negative we had to put a penny in the middle of the table. This was to stop us saying negative things. It was a major change in approach'.
The SNP also ran an optimistic upbeat campaign in 2011 and yet again this appears to have contributed to their electoral success, particularly when their main opponent, the Labour Party, went in the opposite direction. The SNP has continued with this type of training in the referendum campaign with Alex Salmond receiving performance coaching by Clare Howell REDCO's CEO. Stephen Noon, chief strategist for the Yes campaign, loves the idea of a 100% positive, optimistic campaign. In his blogs he is particularly fond of turning any problem people might raise into an insult to the Scottish people:

The No campaign spend much of their time telling us that Scotland would fail or struggle. That doesn't show much respect for, or confidence in, the people who live here. Much better the Yes approach, which is based on an absolute belief in the people of Scotland.
We will face ups and downs in the future (that's life) but, at Yes, we have total confidence that the people of Scotland have got what it takes to overcome the challenges and, most importantly, make more of the many opportunities and advantages we enjoy as a nation. This isn't a blind optimism, but a realistic assessment of our collective capabilities and capacities.

Some of this upbeat appraisal of Scotland's capacities fits perfectly with George Orwell's ascerbic views on nationalism – a philosophy which is always on the look out for slights and driven by 'blind zeal and indifference to reality'. Look at Noon's quote and ask yourself what's so special about the Scots that every single one of us will be impervious to the financial havoc easily wreaked by the international markets or the restructuring of our economy which will follow independence
Sai Baba, when asked the question "What is the purpose of physical life?" responded: "To learn not to do it again."
Laura
Half Krug Member
Half Krug Member
Progress to next rank:
34.8%

Postby Stun Lee and Win » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:23 pm » Google Chrome 36.0.198 Google Chrome 36.0.198  Windows Seven 64 bits Windows Seven 64 bits  Screen Resolution: 1920 x 1080 1920 x 1080

Taiwanese Animators have produced an excellent and informative piece.

Watch on youtube.com
Stun Lee and Win
Silver Eagle Member
Silver Eagle Member
Progress to next rank:
83.3%

Postby warpig » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:58 pm » Google Chrome 37.0.206 Google Chrome 37.0.206  Windows Seven 64 bits Windows Seven 64 bits  Screen Resolution: 1680 x 1050 1680 x 1050

:lol: :thumbup:

Charles de Gaulle
warpig
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster
Progress to next rank:
15.1%

Re: Scotland's Independence ********

Postby d2thdr » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:31 am » Google Chrome 38.0.212 Google Chrome 38.0.212  Linux 64 bits Linux 64 bits  Screen Resolution: 1280 x 800 1280 x 800

warpig » Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:50 pm wrote:That's about the most negative outlook I think you could come up with. Another way to look at it was Britain civilised the world, much like the Romans civilised Britain.

Britain raped and pillaged the world.
For more information, read this http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/viewto ... f=1&t=6893
In the world today there are only three assets, gold, oil and currencies. The paper currencies, so long admired and accepted are now in a war of self destruction. They will consume each other in an end battle of "I'm the last man standing but have lost all use as a unit of value".
d2thdr
Quarter Krug Member
Quarter Krug Member
Progress to next rank:
3.4%

Re: Scotland's Independence ********

Postby warpig » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:23 am » Google Chrome 38.0.212 Google Chrome 38.0.212  Windows Seven 64 bits Windows Seven 64 bits  Screen Resolution: 1680 x 1050 1680 x 1050

You make it sound like no good came of it and that simply isn't true. You've taken a slant on a story which you're entitled to do, but you're not presenting the whole story.

d2thdr » 26 Oct 2014 09:31 wrote:Britain raped and pillaged the world.
For more information, read this http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/viewto ... f=1&t=6893

Charles de Gaulle
warpig
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster
Progress to next rank:
15.1%

Previous

Return to Main Discussion Forum