I'm Confused

24Knews main news & discussion threads
Forum rules
Please read: 24Knews Forum Rules

I'm Confused

Postby Pixel8r » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:40 am » Safari 8.0.2 Safari 8.0.2  Mac OS X Mac OS X  Screen Resolution: 2560 x 1440 2560 x 1440

After reading the contradiction below I am confused. We are supposed to believe that there have been massive changes in regulations which means the banking system is now more robust. The post crisis change in 2008 was to move back to mark to model accounting. The debt has just grown, the derivatives are no smaller or less risky, the too big to fail banks are even larger.

What am I missing, what are new financial regulations that have made the system safer? Maybe he is talking about the agreement to monetise all toxic debt and not allow any bank to fail.

Mark Carney: No room for complacency on strength of global banking system

The Governor of the Bank of England has warned against complacency over the resilience of the global financial system.

Mark Carney voiced worries about "financial reform fatigue", as he spoke at the opening of a two-day summit of G20 finance ministers and central bankers in Istanbul.

He said that while the global banking system is more robust than it was during the financial crisis, that there is no room for complacency.

Mr Carney branded 2015 the year when a string of new financial safeguards would come into force, while urging more progress on certain areas of regulation.

He also hailed the progress of financial regulation since the crisis, saying that rules introduced since 2008 meant that banks remained robust in the face of market turmoil following the US Federal Reserve's decision, in 2013, to end quantitative easing...
"Money is Gold, and nothing else"
(As John Pierpont Morgan once stated under oath before the USCongress and the Pujo Commission in 1912)
Pixel8r
Founder
Founder
Rhodium Rocket
Rhodium Rocket

Re: I'm Confused

Postby Laura » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:58 am » Firefox 35.0 Firefox 35.0  Windows Seven Windows Seven  Screen Resolution: 1280 x 800 1280 x 800

I feel so much better knowing what a responsible, cautious & caring being there appears to be heading Rothschild's UK branch :yawn:
It's pure brain-washing nonsense Pix. The old 'mighty Britain could be knocked off course by lesser nations troubles' routine. Works too :(
Sai Baba, when asked the question "What is the purpose of physical life?" responded: "To learn not to do it again."
Laura
Half Krug Member
Half Krug Member
Progress to next rank:
49.5%

Return to Main Discussion Forum