The Pandemic Collection (don't expect quoted bits!)

24Knews main news & discussion threads
Forum rules
Please read: 24Knews Forum Rules

Re: The Pandemic Collection (don't expect quoted bits!)

Postby Pixel8r » Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:46 pm » Safari 13.0.5 Safari 13.0.5  Mac OS X Mac OS X  Screen Resolution: 2560 x 1440 2560 x 1440

Like I was talking about above, it looks like there won't be many NHS staff left able to work soon. The government has not provided them with even basic personal protection equipment (PPE) and is also refusing to test staff on the frontline :( :crazy:

An anguished cry from the NHS front line: coronavirus is about to explode among medical staff

Like many other Telegraph journalists, I have received a number of emails from well-informed doctors and medical staff working at the front of the NHS. They are in despair.

They are alarmed by the failure of the Government to take more drastic action to fight Covid-19. They are stunned that this country seems to have opted for capitulation at a time when best practice leaders in East Asia - and I don’t mean China - have managed to contain the virus through use of technology, and to do so without massive economic and social disruption.

These medics are not reflexive ideological enemies of the Tories or blow-hard Twitterati. They are Telegraph readers who fear that a terrible mistake is being made and that the country is heading for a catastrophe - using that loaded term correctly - unless policy is changed immediately.

They are furious that NHS staff are not being tested to see if they have contracted the disease (or, later, to see if they have antibodies to the virus and are therefore no longer at risk), and why they are being made to work in the dark. They want to know why this is not being done urgently and comprehensively, as a matter of general policy. Other countries have shown that such testing is de rigueur...

..."One of the 10 is in his 50s, and has somewhat restricted lung capacity because of an orthopaedic problem – he spent this weekend making a will and putting his affairs in order. He had realised that with the current NHS leadership, there was basically nothing he could do to avoid catching it in coming days. Crunching the statistics, he realised that several consultants in the hospital will probably die.

“We have received no advice at all to take any measures to reduce spread in the hospital. Where the South Koreans were attending hospital in full hazmat suits, I will be arriving in my suit and tie tomorrow with nothing to prevent me catching it, and working in an operating theatre that a Covid patient was in on Friday, nobody aware that he had it, and the staff members I will be working with, will all have been in contact with that patient.

“So, the NHS is just about to explode in terms of absences, simultaneously with the patient explosion. All entirely predictable”...
"Money is Gold, and nothing else"
(As John Pierpont Morgan once stated under oath before the USCongress and the Pujo Commission in 1912)
Pixel8r
Founder
Founder
Rhodium Rocket
Rhodium Rocket

Postby fwiw » Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:45 pm » Safari Mobile 13.0.5 Safari Mobile 13.0.5  iPhone iPhone  Screen Resolution: 375 x 667 375 x 667

There is no SPOON deflation.
fwiw
Half Krug Member
Half Krug Member
Progress to next rank:
52.4%

Postby Pixel8r » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:53 pm » Safari 13.0.5 Safari 13.0.5  Mac OS X Mac OS X  Screen Resolution: 2560 x 1440 2560 x 1440

Watch on youtube.com
(As John Pierpont Morgan once stated under oath before the USCongress and the Pujo Commission in 1912)
Pixel8r
Founder
Founder
Rhodium Rocket
Rhodium Rocket

Postby Pixel8r » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:48 am » Safari 13.0.5 Safari 13.0.5  Mac OS X Mac OS X  Screen Resolution: 2560 x 1440 2560 x 1440

Pixel8r
Founder
Founder
Rhodium Rocket
Rhodium Rocket

Postby Pixel8r » Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:44 am » Safari 13.0.5 Safari 13.0.5  Mac OS X Mac OS X  Screen Resolution: 2560 x 1440 2560 x 1440

If you get the virus and develop a fever do not take anti-inflammatory drugs. Personally I will not take anything and let my own body do its stuff.

Watch on youtube.com
Pixel8r
Founder
Founder
Rhodium Rocket
Rhodium Rocket

Postby fwiw » Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:04 pm » Safari Mobile 13.0.5 Safari Mobile 13.0.5  iPhone iPhone  Screen Resolution: 375 x 667 375 x 667

Recommend watching the movie Contagion with Matt Damon in it.

Fwiw
There is no SPOON deflation.
fwiw
Half Krug Member
Half Krug Member
Progress to next rank:
52.4%

Postby Pixel8r » Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:08 pm » Safari 13.0.5 Safari 13.0.5  Mac OS X Mac OS X  Screen Resolution: 2560 x 1440 2560 x 1440

fwiw » Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:04 pm wrote:Recommend watching the movie Contagion with Matt Damon in it.

Fwiw

Yeah watched it around a month ago to get some pointers of where this could go.

Watch on youtube.com
Pixel8r
Founder
Founder
Rhodium Rocket
Rhodium Rocket

Postby Pixel8r » Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:50 pm » Safari 13.0.5 Safari 13.0.5  Mac OS X Mac OS X  Screen Resolution: 2560 x 1440 2560 x 1440

ENDEAVOUR PROVIDES STATEMENT ON COVID-19

Abidjan, March 16, 2020 – Endeavour Mining (TSX:EDV) (OTCQX:EDVMF) places the safety and wellbeing of its employees and contractors as the highest priority. Each of the Company’s operations are continuing to manage and respond to coronavirus (“COVID-19”) within the framework of the Company’s incident management and response plan, which was activated at the outbreak of COVID-19 and has been validated by an epidemiologist special advisor to Endeavour.

A business continuity program is in place to protect employees while ensuring the safe operation of the Company. Since early March, access to all mine sites has been strictly controlled with health screening in place for visitors, employees and contractors and all non-essential travel has been cancelled. The Company has also asked any employee or contractor feeling unwell to stay at home.

On March 14, 2020, Endeavour was informed that an employee at the Houndé mine in Burkina Faso tested positive for COVID-19. The employee experienced mild symptoms hours after arriving at site, following his return from the UK. In line the Company’s COVID-19 protocol and procedures, the Burkinabe health authorities were immediately notified, and the employee was placed in quarantine. The small number of people who were in contact with the employee have all been identified and have also been placed in quarantine as part of the preventative measures. As the employee did not show symptoms upon arrival and passed the mandatory health screening, the Company further increased its preventive measures by introducing a mandatory 14-day quarantine period for any employees or contractors arriving in Cote d’Ivoire or Burkina Faso.
Pixel8r
Founder
Founder
Rhodium Rocket
Rhodium Rocket

Postby Pixel8r » Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:57 pm » Safari 13.0.5 Safari 13.0.5  Mac OS X Mac OS X  Screen Resolution: 2560 x 1440 2560 x 1440

Going viral, an "influencer" taking the coronavirus challenge and licking a plane toilet seat!

Watch on youtube.com
Pixel8r
Founder
Founder
Rhodium Rocket
Rhodium Rocket

Postby Laura » Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:18 pm » Google Chrome 75.0.377 Google Chrome 75.0.377  Android Android  Screen Resolution: 1024 x 600 1024 x 600

Portugal. Part of PM's statement today:-

....... For now, after several measures to restrict social coexistence, which were reinforced yesterday, Portugal will close its doors, with only cross-border goods and workers who can enter and leave. DETAILS ARE EXPECTED TO BE ANNOUNCED VERY SHORTLY

.... government “will define the rules that will follow the following principles: maintain the free movement of goods, guarantee workers’ rights cross-border, but there will be a restriction on circulation for tourism or leisure purposes “.

He added that the measure is “applicable also to the air border and to any type of border”. (my bold) AGAIN DETAILS TO BE ANNOUNCED LATER”. And the situations, like the one that happened in the last 24 hours, of a cruise ship that was unable to disembark passengers in Portugal, disembark in Spain and came by land will not be repeated”.

So Spain & Portugal have dared to not wait until the EU F&G pair have dictated about the almighty ffffff Schengen.
Sai Baba, when asked the question "What is the purpose of physical life?" responded: "To learn not to do it again."
Laura
Half Krug Member
Half Krug Member
Progress to next rank:
49.4%

Postby Laura » Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:57 pm » Google Chrome 75.0.377 Google Chrome 75.0.377  Android Android  Screen Resolution: 1024 x 600 1024 x 600

Update:- Border in all forms between Portugal and Spain closes at 23:00 today Monday.
Only essential traffic.
Italy apart, no mention of other EU nations, or UK.
Sai Baba, when asked the question "What is the purpose of physical life?" responded: "To learn not to do it again."
Laura
Half Krug Member
Half Krug Member
Progress to next rank:
49.4%

Postby Pixel8r » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:40 pm » Safari 13.0.5 Safari 13.0.5  Mac OS X Mac OS X  Screen Resolution: 2560 x 1440 2560 x 1440

Watch on youtube.com
Pixel8r
Founder
Founder
Rhodium Rocket
Rhodium Rocket

Postby Pixel8r » Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:12 pm » Safari 13.0.5 Safari 13.0.5  Mac OS X Mac OS X  Screen Resolution: 2560 x 1440 2560 x 1440

How to make Liposomal Vitamin C using an Ultrasonic Cleaner - https://qualityliposomalc.com/process/

Going to try this as I have an Ultrasonic cleaner at my studio, that was left by a client after a shoot a few years back. Will report back results when I have assembled the ingredients.
Pixel8r
Founder
Founder
Rhodium Rocket
Rhodium Rocket

Postby Laura » Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:20 pm » Google Chrome 75.0.377 Google Chrome 75.0.377  Android Android  Screen Resolution: 1024 x 600 1024 x 600

Italy. Estimated flu deaths pre-covid 19

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a ... 85#bib0075

In the winter seasons from 2013/14 to 2016/17, an estimated average of 5,290,000 ILI (flu like illness) cases occurred in Italy, corresponding to an incidence of 9%.

More than 68,000 deaths attributable to flu epidemics were estimated in the study period.

Italy showed a higher influenza attributable excess mortality compared to other European countries. especially in the elderly
Laura
Half Krug Member
Half Krug Member
Progress to next rank:
49.4%

Postby Pixel8r » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:11 pm » Safari 13.0.5 Safari 13.0.5  Mac OS X Mac OS X  Screen Resolution: 2560 x 1440 2560 x 1440

Watch on youtube.com
Pixel8r
Founder
Founder
Rhodium Rocket
Rhodium Rocket

Postby Pixel8r » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:04 am » Safari 13.0.5 Safari 13.0.5  Mac OS X Mac OS X  Screen Resolution: 2560 x 1440 2560 x 1440

Yesterday I was sent an email from a member with the leaked document by Neal Ferguson from the Imperial College COVID-19 Response Team. Chris Martenson does a very good analysis of the contents of that document in his latest video;

Watch on youtube.com
Pixel8r
Founder
Founder
Rhodium Rocket
Rhodium Rocket

Postby Laura » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:26 am » Google Chrome 75.0.377 Google Chrome 75.0.377  Android Android  Screen Resolution: 1024 x 600 1024 x 600

https://off-guardian.org/2020/03/17/lis ... narrative/

A phone interview with a respected physician appears to have been cut short by CBC Radio when the Doctor went off-script

Dr Joel Kettner was being interviewed by phone on the March 15th episode of CBC’s Cross Country Checkup podcast, when the host abruptly cut him off. While the two earlier guests were very much taking the governmental line on the threat of Covid19, Dr Kettner was striking a different tone

To be clear, Dr Kettner is not a fringe or controversial character. He is professor of Community Health Sciences and Surgery at Manitoba University and former Chief Public Health Officer for Manitoba governments.

"Well I don’t know what to think, frankly, but I’ll tell you what I do think. First, I wanna say that in 30 years of public health medicine I have never seen anything like this, anything anywhere near like this. I’m not talking about the pandemic, because I’ve seen 30 of them, one every year. It is called influenza. And other respiratory illness viruses, we don’t always know what they are. But I’ve never seen this reaction, and I’m trying to understand why. I have to say that I really feel for my colleagues that are in public health practice. it is easy for me to sit in the armchair of my office and look at this and observe it, and be critical and have ideas. But I really feel for them for three reasons.

One is that the data they are getting is incomplete to really make sense of the size of the threat. We are getting very crude numbers of cases and deaths, very little information about testing rates, contagious analysis, severity rates, who is being hospitalised, who is in intensive care, who is dying, what are the definitions to decide if someone died of the coronavirus or just died with the coronavirus.

There is so much important data that is very hard to get to guide the decisions on how serious a threat this is.

The other part is we actually do not have that much good evidence for the social distancing methods. It was just a couple of review in the CDC emerging infectious disease journal, which showed that although some of them might work, we really don’t know to what degree and the evidence is pretty weak.

The third part is the pressure that is being put on public health doctors and public health leaders. And that pressure is coming from various places. The first place it came from was the Director-General of the World Health Organization (WHO) when he said “This is a grave threat and a public enemy number one”, I have never heard a Director-General of WHO use terms like that.

Then when he announced the pandemic he said he was doing it “because of a grave alarming quick spread of the disease and an alarming amount of inaction around the world” that puts a huge pressure on public health doctors and leaders and advisors and huge pressure on governments and then you get this what seems like a cascade of decision making that really puts pressure on the countries and governments...."
Laura
Half Krug Member
Half Krug Member
Progress to next rank:
49.4%

Postby Pixel8r » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:59 am » Safari 13.0.5 Safari 13.0.5  Mac OS X Mac OS X  Screen Resolution: 2560 x 1440 2560 x 1440

Some will stop at nothing in making a killing :roll:

Pixel8r
Founder
Founder
Rhodium Rocket
Rhodium Rocket

Postby Laura » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:11 am » Google Chrome 75.0.377 Google Chrome 75.0.377  Android Android  Screen Resolution: 1024 x 600 1024 x 600

^ We have plenty of fresh fig leaves. Not sure about the marketing.
How about 'Organic Arse Wipes'?
Laura
Half Krug Member
Half Krug Member
Progress to next rank:
49.4%

Postby Pixel8r » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:28 pm » Safari 13.0.5 Safari 13.0.5  Mac OS X Mac OS X  Screen Resolution: 2560 x 1440 2560 x 1440

Laura » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:11 am wrote:^ We have plenty of fresh fig leaves. Not sure about the marketing.
How about 'Organic Arse Wipes'?

You just need to work out how you are going to handle the delivery :lol:
Pixel8r
Founder
Founder
Rhodium Rocket
Rhodium Rocket

PreviousNext

Return to Main Discussion Forum