Bubb gets a bashing

24Knews main news & discussion threads
Forum rules
Please read: 24Knews Forum Rules

Bubb gets a bashing

Postby Schaublin » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:07 am

http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/ind ... topic=8591

I like the name testicicle - I wonder who it could be? :lol: Before you ask, it's not me!
Schaublin
Silver Eagle Member
Silver Eagle Member
Progress to next rank:
48.1%

Re: Bubb gets a bashing

Postby DoctorSolar » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:22 am

I think this TI chap made a genuine post but the reply from Dr B was just wild. I mean threatening folk with "im watching you" without even taking any time to think or discuss with the poster. Wow! I've been gently trying to enlighten Dr B about his tone and manner but to no avail. Ah well thats his look out. Sad state of affairs really.
DoctorSolar
Silver Eagle Member
Silver Eagle Member
Progress to next rank:
24.8%

Postby Ziknik » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:45 am

DrBubb may be under some serious pressure in his personal/professional life.

He wasn't like this/that a year ago.
"we needed a fightback and a fightback is under way"
Ziknik
Half Krug Member
Half Krug Member
Progress to next rank:
36.5%

Postby fexx » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:32 am

Ziknik wrote:DrBubb may be under some serious pressure in his personal/professional life.

He wasn't like this/that a year ago.

Agreed.

I have spoken to Dr Bubb on various forums over the years and have always found him to be extremely knowledgeable, helpful, courteous and polite. There appears to be a more aggressive posting style of late which is unusual and a bit worrying.

I do however feel there is a danger here with setting up this site, full of posters supporting each others similar views. I have always found GEI to be an excellent site, and whilst there is clearly room for both, there does seem to be a subtext here.

It is the lively debate and often opposing viewpoints which makes GEI such a good site. If there is a problem, then that is surely worth discussing on GEI.
Disclaimer - I am not backed by anything.
fexx
Silver Eagle Member
Silver Eagle Member
Progress to next rank:
85.6%

Postby Pixel8r » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:06 am

fexx wrote:Agreed.

I have spoken to Dr Bubb on various forums over the years and have always found him to be extremely knowledgeable, helpful, courteous and polite. There appears to be a more aggressive posting style of late which is unusual and a bit worrying.

I do however feel there is a danger here with setting up this site, full of posters supporting each others similar views. I have always found GEI to be an excellent site, and whilst there is clearly room for both, there does seem to be a subtext here.

It is the lively debate and often opposing viewpoints which makes GEI such a good site. If there is a problem, then that is surely worth discussing on GEI.

No subtext here, it's in the domain name :D

I want this site to be a more focused PM news and discussion site and not as wide as GEI. I don't think that is a problem as people can chose which one to use for the reason they want. I am sure in many years time PM's won't be such a big thing as now, but that is many years away yet.

I don't mind a few poster with alternative views turning up, but really don't want this site to end up as much of a slanging match as GEI lately.

I personally think DrBubb has been losing it lately, he has been talking about respect for others then he starts a "Pixel Vs Bubb thread". Maybe he is getting frustrated that things aren't going the way he thought with his S&P shorts and dollar buying. :lol:
"Money is Gold, and nothing else"
(As John Pierpont Morgan once stated under oath before the USCongress and the Pujo Commission in 1912)
Pixel8r
Founder
Founder
Rhodium Rocket
Rhodium Rocket

Postby Ziknik » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:38 am

fexx wrote:
Ziknik wrote:DrBubb may be under some serious pressure in his personal/professional life.

I tried: DrBubb deleted my attempt (he claimed it was a mistake).

The irony is - I was complaining about post deletion. He really should have taken care not to delete my post

I’ve no beef with GEI, it’s a great website. I pop in and read on most days. However, I am going to avoid posting on a site that deletes peoples’ posts.

Forums can only be popular if people chose to post. It’s not right to deletes peoples’ contribution.
Ziknik
Half Krug Member
Half Krug Member
Progress to next rank:
36.5%

Postby d2thdr » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:02 pm

Agreed Ziknik. In my opinion, as the posters increase in the forum, the quality of posting sometimes deteriorates. However, if there is a proportionately increase in the number of moderators, it gets even worse. The site owner should never try to control too much of the posts. It only causes more friction between the posters and the moderators/owners.
In the world today there are only three assets, gold, oil and currencies. The paper currencies, so long admired and accepted are now in a war of self destruction. They will consume each other in an end battle of "I'm the last man standing but have lost all use as a unit of value".
d2thdr
Quarter Krug Member
Quarter Krug Member
Progress to next rank:
3.4%

Postby fexx » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:28 pm

Pixel8r wrote:No subtext here, it's in the domain name :D

Really? There seems to be a lot of talk of lifeboats on here which completely mirrors the way many of the posters came over to GEI from HPC. And you and Bubb, do seem to clash a bit. Now you have your own site and it's nothing at all to do with this??

Pixel8r wrote:I personally think DrBubb has been losing it lately, he has been talking about respect for others then he starts a "Pixel Vs Bubb thread". Maybe he is getting frustrated that things aren't going the way he thought with his S&P shorts and dollar buying. :lol:

I agree, but I would say it does seem out of character for him. Perhaps there is also some frustration in the difficult task of moderating. Almost a damned-if-you-do, damned-if-you-don't scenario, where you have to either censor some posts or let it turn into one big gypsy wedding fight of a forum, ie the reason most of us left HPC.

Ziknik wrote: I am going to avoid posting on a site that deletes peoples’ posts.

Pixel8r wrote:I...don't want this site to end up as much of a slanging match as GEI lately.

....and therein lies the problem. I don't believe in any form of censorship, like Ziknik, but I don't have the time to trawl through spam, or the several posters engaging in a peculiar game of one-up manship, trying to out pedant each other as seems to be happening a lot at the moment on GEI. It's like watching two chavs shout at each other in the street, only far less entertaining.
fexx
Silver Eagle Member
Silver Eagle Member
Progress to next rank:
85.6%

Postby Ziknik » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:45 pm

fexx wrote:
Ziknik wrote: I am going to avoid posting on a site that deletes peoples’ posts.

Pixel8r wrote:I...don't want this site to end up as much of a slanging match as GEI lately.

....and therein lies the problem. I don't believe in any form of censorship, like Ziknik, but I don't have the time to trawl through spam, or the several posters engaging in a peculiar game of one-up manship, trying to out pedant each other as seems to be happening a lot at the moment on GEI. It's like watching two chavs shout at each other in the street, only far less entertaining.

I don’t want to come across like a free speech campaigner. I mod a couple of forums myself and I am not opposed to using suspend/edit/delete functions when I feel it’s necessary.

Some people need to be forced out when they are spoiling other people’s experience of the site.

The right of free speech comes with a responsibility - A responsibility not to abuse other people’s peace with your noise.

I have posted everything I have to say about GEI post deletion on GEI.

Re. my boat comment – This wasn’t meant to be subtext. I am pleased Px has set this site up..
Ziknik
Half Krug Member
Half Krug Member
Progress to next rank:
36.5%

Postby Pixel8r » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:46 pm

fexx wrote:Really? There seems to be a lot of talk of lifeboats on here which completely mirrors the way many of the posters came over to GEI from HPC. And you and Bubb, do seem to clash a bit. Now you have your own site and it's nothing at all to do with this??

Not really sure what you mean by that, there have only been around 100 posts on here so far.

It is completely to do with how things where going on GEI that I setup my own board. I wanted a site where news with a precious metals slant could be discussed without all the continued arguments on GEI.

People now have a choice, this site for precious metals and general economics discussion or GEI investment and trading discussion, so there shouldn't be so many arguments. Hopefully :)

I have no hard feelings for DrBubb, he has been running a very good site which I have enjoyed for years. I just felt it was time for me to set my own up, as I have less of an interest in trading, and felt the continued arguments were bringing the site down.

I am not trying to cause a rift by setting this site up, I am actually trying to calm things down.
"Money is Gold, and nothing else"
(As John Pierpont Morgan once stated under oath before the USCongress and the Pujo Commission in 1912)
Pixel8r
Founder
Founder
Rhodium Rocket
Rhodium Rocket

Postby fexx » Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:40 pm

Pixel8r wrote:Not really sure what you mean by that, there have only been around 100 posts on here so far.

Some of the comments are strikingly familiar with GEI a couple of years ago when everyone 'abandonded' HPC.

Schaublin wrote:...something like being shipwrecked and gradually coming across people that you knew on the ship who had also managed to swim ashore!

Ziknik wrote:I've been marooned at creditcrunch* after setting out on my own boat a few weeks ago. It's nice to see other's out exploring.

warpig wrote:It's like a school reunion for the class crisis of 2007.
fexx
Silver Eagle Member
Silver Eagle Member
Progress to next rank:
85.6%

Postby fexx » Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:41 pm

Pixel8r wrote:It is completely to do with how things where going on GEI that I setup my own board. I wanted a site where news with a precious metals slant could be discussed without all the continued arguments on GEI.

People now have a choice, this site for precious metals and general economics discussion or GEI investment and trading discussion, so there shouldn't be so many arguments. Hopefully :)

I'm sure this will be a great site, Pixel. My main problem is that I agree with your views, particularly on the PM market, so I actively seek out the contrarian argument. Unfortunately, the posters on GEI seem to have forgotten the difference between personal insults and well thought out arguments. Even Dr Bubb responded to some quite idiotic comments on Singing Pig a while ago with a reasoned and rational response backed up by some excellent evidence. Unfortunately, I'm very disappointed to see him posting stuff like this;

http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/ind ... t&p=146323
fexx
Silver Eagle Member
Silver Eagle Member
Progress to next rank:
85.6%

Postby fexx » Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:49 pm

Wow, what a brilliant example!!!

http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/ind ... t&p=146468

I asked if those who expect the pullback in AU to be a significant correction, what they consider the support levels to be?

No response, hardly any posts remotely related to the original (interesting if provocative) thread, a page full of mainly personal insults, and Bubb threatening censorship near the bottom!!!
fexx
Silver Eagle Member
Silver Eagle Member
Progress to next rank:
85.6%

Postby Ziknik » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:27 pm

fexx wrote:Wow, what a brilliant example!!!

I asked if those who expect the pullback in AU to be a significant correction, what they consider the support levels to be?

No response, hardly any posts remotely related to the original (interesting if provocative) thread, a page full of mainly personal insults, and Bubb threatening censorship near the bottom!!!

Don’t worry, I think your boat has arrived at a port where people can craft answers to yacht questions.

This gold cruiser will not ferry past £600.

I will back the ship up if we get to £600

:D

EDIT: £650
Ziknik
Half Krug Member
Half Krug Member
Progress to next rank:
36.5%

Postby fexx » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:51 pm

Ziknik wrote:

Don’t worry, I think your boat has arrived at a port where people can craft answers to yacht questions.

This gold cruiser will not ferry past £600.

I will back the ship up if we get to £600

:D

EDIT: £650

Crikey Ziknik, Are you on the port again??

;)
fexx
Silver Eagle Member
Silver Eagle Member
Progress to next rank:
85.6%

Postby Ziknik » Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:03 pm

fexx wrote:
Ziknik wrote:
Crikey Ziknik, Are you on the port again??

;)

I prefer rum

In all seriousness: It’s possible that we will see £600 again. It’s not that long since gold was £550.

Up, down, sideways – it could go anywhere. I am certain it will go against me if I try to trade because I have tried to trade 100’s of times in the past and lost lots of money.

I’m happy to hold at them moment but may sell a little in the new year because I will need the cash for a house deposit.
Ziknik
Half Krug Member
Half Krug Member
Progress to next rank:
36.5%

Postby Schaublin » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:12 am

So, I write a caustic post about the Mods falling asleep on the job and I : -

Get abused by Steve netwriter who says we should all be grateful that the site exists.

Am called an ignorant arsehole and a sh1thead by a poster called THEBIGMAN who is brown-nosing the Mods.

To cap it all off, Bubb thanks THEBIGMAN for brown-nosing and ignores the BIGMAN's foul tirade against me!

Just another day in the workers' paradise where everyone is equal but some are ...you get the idea

Phew, got that off my chest - must get back to the workshop and do something useful.

Funny how I never get called an arsehole or a sh1thead in real life. Internet BIGMEN eh? :lol:

http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/ind ... topic=8811

Edit: I have some sympathy for Bubb as he seems to under some pressure about something but the 'selective' reading of abusive posts is not a good way to run a forum.
Schaublin
Silver Eagle Member
Silver Eagle Member
Progress to next rank:
48.1%

Postby Ziknik » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:41 pm

Schaublin wrote:So, I write a caustic post about the Mods falling asleep on the job and I : -

Get ...

What did you expect to get?

Your post was only going to get one reaction IMO. TheBigMans comedy was a bonus :lol:
Ziknik
Half Krug Member
Half Krug Member
Progress to next rank:
36.5%

Postby Schaublin » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:31 pm

Ziknik wrote:
Schaublin wrote:So, I write a caustic post about the Mods falling asleep on the job and I : -

Get ...

What did you expect to get?

Your post was only going to get one reaction IMO. TheBigMans comedy was a bonus :lol:

Dunno really - bring all the brown-nosers out of the woodwork - that worked.

You're easily amused.
Schaublin
Silver Eagle Member
Silver Eagle Member
Progress to next rank:
48.1%

Postby Ziknik » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:10 pm

Schaublin wrote:Dunno really - bring all the brown-nosers out of the woodwork - that worked.

You're easily amused.

I’m pleased you feel you have achieved something.
Ziknik
Half Krug Member
Half Krug Member
Progress to next rank:
36.5%

Next

Return to Main Discussion Forum