GEI Refugee Camp

24Knews main news & discussion threads
Forum rules
Please read: 24Knews Forum Rules

Re: GEI Refugee Camp

Postby Ziknik » Thu May 05, 2011 10:37 pm

DrBubb wrote:[i]"There is no error in bandwidth calculation. The recent visitors log shows that both Google and Yahoo are indexing your site, and rapidly. That's where the bandwidth hit occurred. ...In order to get your site back online, you would need to purchase additional bandwidth. That can be done in your client area. Click "Purchases" on the left, then click your hosting package on the right. On the next screen is a button to buy bandwidth.

It sounds plausible. Maybe Google and Yahoo are having to re-index the entire site after the upgrade. You should see this drop off next month.

DrBubb wrote:I think the time has come to investigate other hosting options.

I have been very nervous about doing this, because it is unfamiliar ground, and I am concerned that something would happen which would endanger the future of the site. But it seems that I will need to look more closely into this - since Invision seems to show little interest in treating GEI like a valued client.

Knowledgeable people such as Pixel8r and Warpig have offered to help you. And I bet there are a dozen members on your site who could help you with this.

Why don't you try taking someone up on their kind offer instead of trying to bleed money out of people in exchange for their help. WTF man.

[C-Word]! :twisted:
"we needed a fightback and a fightback is under way"
Ziknik
Half Krug Member
Half Krug Member
Progress to next rank:
36.5%

Postby Laura » Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:23 pm

Just reminding myself why Ziknk was expelled from diplomatic skool, the first day! :)
Sai Baba, when asked the question "What is the purpose of physical life?" responded: "To learn not to do it again."
Laura
Half Krug Member
Half Krug Member
Progress to next rank:
65.8%

Postby Ziknik » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:00 pm

Laura wrote:Just reminding myself why Ziknk was expelled from diplomatic skool, the first day! :)

Funnily enough, DrBubb created a new sock puppet for me soon after that outburst.

He must like my lack of tact.
"we needed a fightback and a fightback is under way"
Ziknik
Half Krug Member
Half Krug Member
Progress to next rank:
36.5%

Postby Perishabull » Wed May 02, 2012 8:28 pm

Hey, GEI is down right now;

Anyone know what's up?
More on my Blog
Random avatar
Perishabull
Silver Eagle Member
Silver Eagle Member
Progress to next rank:
1.4%

Postby triple-agent » Wed May 02, 2012 8:32 pm

alien invasion?
triple-agent
Half Krug Member
Half Krug Member
Progress to next rank:
70.7%

Postby warpig » Wed May 02, 2012 8:42 pm

It makes you wonder if it will reappear...

Perishabull wrote:Anyone know what's up?
"There can be no other criterion, no other standard than gold. Yes, gold which never changes, which can be turned into ingots bars, coins, which has no nationality and which is eternally and universally accepted as the unalterable fiduciary value par excellence"

"Betting against gold is the same as betting on governments. He who bets on governments and government money, bets against 6,000 years of recorded human history."

Charles de Gaulle
warpig
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster
Progress to next rank:
15.1%

Postby Dopamine » Wed May 02, 2012 9:01 pm

warpig wrote:It makes you wonder if it will reappear...

Perishabull wrote:Anyone know what's up?

It's added a bit of a frisson to my otherwise drab day. I need to get out more.

On another note, is this a bear market marker or a sign that the lows are in? :D
Random avatar
Dopamine
New Drachma Holder
New Drachma Holder
Progress to next rank:
10%

Postby Perishabull » Wed May 02, 2012 9:28 pm

Dopamine wrote:
It's added a bit of a frisson to my otherwise drab day. I need to get out more.

Erm, definitely!

Dopamine wrote:On another note, is this a bear market marker or a sign that the lows are in? :D

Well I went out for a cycle earlier and what did I see..............?

Maybe the clue is in the green?
More on my Blog
Random avatar
Perishabull
Silver Eagle Member
Silver Eagle Member
Progress to next rank:
1.4%

Postby Laura » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:22 am » Google Chrome 15.0.874 Google Chrome 15.0.874  Windows Seven Windows Seven  Screen Resolution: 1366 x 768 1366 x 768

warpig » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:40 pm wrote:I thought the pole shift was a magnetic shift, rather than the Earth's crust spinning around the core?

Over two years of exhaustive research & I still don't know whether the core is responsible (crustal magnetic field), or the victim. Both probably.
I've ignored the solar wind, & am now concentrating on my 'no-more-analysis,-just-a-good-book', retirement strategy.
Sai Baba, when asked the question "What is the purpose of physical life?" responded: "To learn not to do it again."
Laura
Half Krug Member
Half Krug Member
Progress to next rank:
65.8%

Postby id5 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:18 pm » Internet Explorer 10 Internet Explorer 10  Windows Seven 64 bits Windows Seven 64 bits  Screen Resolution: 1920 x 1080 1920 x 1080

Laura » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:22 am wrote:
warpig » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:40 pm wrote:I thought the pole shift was a magnetic shift, rather than the Earth's crust spinning around the core?

Over two years of exhaustive research & I still don't know whether the core is responsible (crustal magnetic field), or the victim. Both probably.
I've ignored the solar wind, & am now concentrating on my 'no-more-analysis,-just-a-good-book', retirement strategy.

Consensus theory is that it is a solid metal inner core that rotates in a ball liquid metal and generates a electric field, that field produces magnetism. Nobody has every dug down far enough to either prove or disprove the theory.
There are 10^11 stars in the galaxy and we used to call them astronomical numbers, now they are just economical numbers
id5
Silver Eagle Member
Silver Eagle Member
Progress to next rank:
42.2%

Postby Laura » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:40 pm » Google Chrome 15.0.874 Google Chrome 15.0.874  Windows Seven Windows Seven  Screen Resolution: 1366 x 768 1366 x 768

id5 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:18 pm wrote:
Consensus theory is that it is a solid metal inner core that rotates in a ball liquid metal

Maintained by the middle-earth beings. Imagine the chaos if it seized? UK property prices might be affected :shock:
Laura
Half Krug Member
Half Krug Member
Progress to next rank:
65.8%

Previous

Return to Main Discussion Forum