Gold as honest money

24Knews main news & discussion threads
Forum rules
Please read: 24Knews Forum Rules

Gold as honest money

Postby Schaublin » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:07 am

I have started to notice more posts on different forums lately in which people are saying they swapped their cash for gold - not to speculate but just to get out of the corrupt banking system. I must confess that my motives initially were more to ride the bull - especially as I have no paid work at the moment but gradually , I am beginning to see that there are questions of morality involved.

I must admit, my thoughts are running away with me somewhat but if more people took the step of holding their wealth in gold and silver, there could come a point where a real alternative economy develops - more the better as each pound taken out of the banking system is probably being levered ten or more times that amount by the banks to levy interest on those who borrow.

My history studies show me that at certain times when all the right ingredients are in place and an event catalyzes them, astonishing changes can sweep through a society - both for ill and for good. My Internet browsing takes me to many different places with greatly differing opinions but the one thing they have in common is a feeling that we really are at a cusp in history.

The status quo which has lasted since the second world war - and which was given a boost by the collapse of the Soviet Union seems to have run out of steam (and oil!) both economically and spiritually. I am beginning to think that 'climate change' is an extremely well-planned attempt by those that issue money as debt to stave off both the financial (green industry and carbon-trading cons) and the spiritual (new save the world religion).

What if holding gold and silver catches on - that would really mess up their plans!

Edit: It has occurred to me that much of the tension on GEI may be due to:

1. Those that believe that the current corrupt system can somehow morph into a different greener (sic) form and profits can be made second-guessing how it will happen.

VS

2. Those that are sickened by the greed and debt slavery imposed on people by bankers and their corrupt politician puppets and want the whole stinking edifice to come down so that something better may emerge.

So, the bitching on GEI plays out superficially about POG but it really is much deeper than that.

I do however, agree with Bubb about Sinclair - someone who obviously has great knowledge about precious metals and the economy but somehow, does not convince me, that he is entirely at home with group 2.

Internationalrockstar put it best - he said "Just because Sinclair is a dick-wad, doesn't mean he's wrong about gold!" :lol:

Schaublin

Edit: I just remembered Pixel8r's footer which does sum it up well.

"Two powerful forces, paper money and gold, are now locked in mortal combat. The combatants, however, are proxies for far more fundamental forces. Paper money is a proxy for private banking and government power—and gold is a proxy for freedom." - Darryl Robert Schoon
Schaublin
Silver Eagle Member
Silver Eagle Member
Progress to next rank:
48.1%

Re: Gold as honest money

Postby LRYMSH » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:55 am

thread title reminded me of this

http://www.honestmoneyreport.com/
My new book Honest Moneytook the liberty to quote Ayn Rand's Ode to Gold as its forward. It is a beautiful piece of prose. The following is a short quip that is very apropos - it could have been written yesterday it is so timely:

"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see money flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

but i think it can be changed
Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else. -- Frederic Bastiat
Random avatar
LRYMSH
Silver Eagle Member
Silver Eagle Member
Progress to next rank:
42.2%

Return to Main Discussion Forum