Silvercorp Metals Inc. (TSE:SVM)

News and comment on investment in mining
Forum rules
Please read: 24Knews Forum Rules

Re: Silvercorp Metals Inc. (TSE:SVM)

Postby Pixel8r » Fri May 18, 2012 9:38 am

Ziknik wrote:Negative cash costs! How can to cash cost be negative?

As Silvercorp are primarily a silver producer they do this weird thing of taking the sales of additional metals mined off their mining costs. So basically the lead, zinc & gold they mine while getting their silver is actually profitable on its own, so in effect the silver is mined at a negative cost. They basically account for everything in silver equivalent ounces and costs.
"Money is Gold, and nothing else"
(As John Pierpont Morgan once stated under oath before the USCongress and the Pujo Commission in 1912)
Pixel8r
Founder
Founder
Rhodium Rocket
Rhodium Rocket

Postby Ziknik » Fri May 18, 2012 10:13 am

Sweet :drool:
"we needed a fightback and a fightback is under way"
Ziknik
Half Krug Member
Half Krug Member
Progress to next rank:
36.5%

Postby Pixel8r » Thu May 24, 2012 10:25 pm

Found this cool tool today and thought I'd run it on Silvercorps forecast head grades at the Ying Silver-Lead-Zinc mine for 2012.

(As John Pierpont Morgan once stated under oath before the USCongress and the Pujo Commission in 1912)
Pixel8r
Founder
Founder
Rhodium Rocket
Rhodium Rocket

Postby Pixel8r » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:22 pm » Safari 6.0 Safari 6.0  Mac OS X Mac OS X  Screen Resolution: 1680 x 1050 1680 x 1050

This is interesting, not quite sure about what to make of it yet. :wtf:

Silvercorp Reluctantly Discloses Significantly Lower Resources And Grades For Key SGX Mine

In today's report I dig beneath the headlines to point out the recent reversal of fortune of Silvercorp Metals' (NYSE: SVM) key SGX mine that accounted for 74% of SVM's total production the last three years. SVM has done its best to mask the abrupt decline in the SGX mine from investors. Nevertheless, it is now clear that the SGX mine has much lower silver resource estimates than SVM previously disclosed and much lower grades of ore recently produced.
Pixel8r
Founder
Founder
Rhodium Rocket
Rhodium Rocket

Postby Pixel8r » Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:16 am » Safari 6.0.2 Safari 6.0.2  Mac OS X Mac OS X  Screen Resolution: 1680 x 1050 1680 x 1050

"To our shareholders:

As you may know, two proposed class actions have been filed in the United States District Court Southern District of New York against Silvercorp Metals, Inc., Myles Gao, Maria Tang and myself. The claims in the proposed class actions are based on false statements made in blogs published by internet blogger Jon Carnes on alfredlittle.com in September 2011. Both the Company and I have denied the allegations made by Mr. Carnes in his blog, and have responded in full on numerous occasions, including immediately after the publication of Mr. Carnes' blogs in September 2011. A subsequent independent third party forensic review undertaken by KPMG in October 2011 supported the integrity of the Company's accounting systems and financial reporting in China and North America, and in June 2012, an independent engineering consulting firm, AMC Mining Consultants (Canada) Ltd. reconfirmed the Company's resources and reserves.

Given the serious nature of the allegations made by Mr. Carnes and the harmful effect his unfounded blogs have had on the Company and our shareholders, the Company had no alternative but to commence action against Mr. Carnes and his related entities for defamation in the United States. Those proceedings are ongoing. Details on the litigation can be found here http://www.silvercorpmetals.com/investo ... fault.aspx.

The proposed class actions do not rely on any new events or new facts; rather, they simply reiterate the same false claims put forward by self-interested short sellers who intended to manipulate Silvercorp's share priceand harm the Company and its shareholders. To date, from public court documents, only two people representing only 7,000 Company shares initiated the class actions.

It is important to remember that these actions are, at this time, only proposed class actions. They have not yet been certified as class actions and the allegations remain unproven. Silvercorp will defend these actions vigorously if they proceed. Ultimately, we believe true value will be delivered to our shareholders by continuing to devote our energies to the business of mining, mine development and exploration.

I thank you for your continuing faith and commitment to the Company. I will continue to take all actions necessary to protect the integrity of our Company and safeguard shareholder value.

Yours sincerely,

Rui Feng

Chairman and CEO

Silvercorp Metals Inc."
Pixel8r
Founder
Founder
Rhodium Rocket
Rhodium Rocket

Postby Pixel8r » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:50 pm » Safari 6.0.2 Safari 6.0.2  Mac OS X Mac OS X  Screen Resolution: 1920 x 1200 1920 x 1200

This should help to put pressure back on the shorts. :thumbup:

Silvercorp Share Repurchase Program Approved by TSX

Silvercorp Metals Inc. (TSX:SVM)(NYSE:SVM) ("Silvercorp" or the "Company") is pleased to announce a Normal Course Issuer Bid to acquire up to 8.5 million common shares from February 1, 2013 to January 31, 2014, representing approximately 5% of the Company's 170,766,058 common shares currently issued and outstanding has been approved by the TSX. The Company is taking this action because it believes that prevailing market conditions have resulted in Silvercorp's shares being undervalued relative to the immediate and long term value of Silvercorp's portfolio of producing and development properties in China and Canada.

Purchases will be made at the discretion of the directors at prevailing market prices, through the facilities of the TSX and the NYSE and other alternative Canadian marketplaces in compliance with regulatory requirements. There can be no assurance as to the precise number of shares that will be repurchased under the share repurchase program. Silvercorp may discontinue its purchases at any time, subject to compliance with applicable regulatory requirements. The Company intends to hold all shares acquired under the issuer bid for cancellation.

Directors and senior officers of the Company are not aware of any previously undisclosed material changes or plans or proposals for material changes in the affairs of the Company, nor do any of them have the present intention to sell shares of the Company during the Normal Course Issuer Bid. The Company has not purchased any of its common shares in the last 12 months.

The maximum number of shares that may be purchased on the TSX during any trading day may not exceed 25% of the average daily trading volume on the TSX based on the previous six completed calendar months excluding purchases made by Silvercorp under its Normal Course Issuer Bid, (being 222,774 common shares), for a daily total of 55,693 common shares. This limit, for which there are permitted exceptions, is determined in accordance with TSX regulatory requirements and does not apply to purchases made by the Company on the NYSE.
Pixel8r
Founder
Founder
Rhodium Rocket
Rhodium Rocket

Postby Pixel8r » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:26 pm » Safari 6.0.2 Safari 6.0.2  Mac OS X Mac OS X  Screen Resolution: 1920 x 1200 1920 x 1200

Silvercorp Metals (SVM) declares C$0.025/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous. Forward yield 2.35%. For shareholders of record Mar. 31. Payable Apr. 22. Ex-div date Mar. 27.
Pixel8r
Founder
Founder
Rhodium Rocket
Rhodium Rocket

Postby Pixel8r » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:41 pm » Safari 13.0.3 Safari 13.0.3  Mac OS X Mac OS X  Screen Resolution: 2560 x 1440 2560 x 1440

Have had a nice ride over the years in this one. The right miners multiply the gains in the metals, 2x, 3x... 10x.

Pixel8r
Founder
Founder
Rhodium Rocket
Rhodium Rocket

Previous

Return to Mining Equity Investment