Silvercrest Mines (TSX:SVL)

News and comment on investment in mining
Forum rules
Please read: 24Knews Forum Rules

Silvercrest Mines (TSX:SVL)

Postby Pixel8r » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:51 pm

I have owned these for a few years in a trading account as they are on the venture exchange in Canada, but with the move of my ISA to TDW I have now found that I can buy them within it. So I sold the shares from my trading account a couple of weeks ago and managed to re-buy within ISA on the recent dip within my ISA.

They started production on their flagship Mexican property, the Santa Elena Mine, last year and are exploring two more both in Mexico also.

Silvercrest Mines Inc. - http://www.silvercrestmines.com/

SilverCrest Mines Inc. (TSX-V: SVL) is a Mexican precious metals producer with headquarters based in Vancouver, BC. SilverCrest's flagship property is the 100%-owned Santa Elena Mine in Sonora State, Mexico.

Santa Elena Mine is a high-grade, epithermal gold and silver producer, with an est. life of mine cash cost of less than US$375 per ounce of gold equivalent. The 2,500 tonnes per day facility will produce approx. 35,000 oz Au and 600,000 oz Ag per year from an open-pit heap leach operation.

Here's a 3 year daily chart for SVL - [1Yr Update Link]

Here's a link to the Stockhouse BB on SVL - http://www.stockhouse.com/Bullboards/Sy ... SVL&t=list
"Money is Gold, and nothing else"
(As John Pierpont Morgan once stated under oath before the USCongress and the Pujo Commission in 1912)
Pixel8r
Founder
Founder
Rhodium Rocket
Rhodium Rocket

Re: Silvercrest Mines (TSX:SVL)

Postby Pixel8r » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:57 pm

Here are some details on their current producing mine in Mexico, which are from their website - http://www.silvercrestmines.com/properties.asp?bp=10

Santa Elena Project

Open Pit Reserves of 6.5 Million Tons 1.61 Au g/t, 56.7 Ag g/t

The Santa Elena gold and silver deposit is the flagship property of SilverCrest Mines. It is located approximately 150 kilometers northeast of Hermosillo, Sonora, Mexico.

The proposed open-pit heap leach operation will process ore at a rate of 2,500 tonnes per day and is expected to produce an average of 35,000 ounces of gold and 600,000 ounces of silver per year for an estimated mine life of eight years.

Project Economics

The pre feasibility base case shows robust cash flows and rates of return in excess of 100% using very conservative base case metal prices of US$ 800 per ounce of gold for the first three years and $750 thereafter and US$ 11.85 per ounce of silver. Cash operating costs are expected to be US$ 328 per ounce of gold equivalent with cash costs for the first 2 years of production being less than US$ 250 per ounce of gold equivalent.
(As John Pierpont Morgan once stated under oath before the USCongress and the Pujo Commission in 1912)
Pixel8r
Founder
Founder
Rhodium Rocket
Rhodium Rocket

Postby Jeremiah » Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:06 pm

I couldn't resist adding a few of these myself the other day at $1.60, though I first got in at $1.92. I also added to Bear Creek/Orko/Ecu/SLW in the last few days. I can't help feeling the PM market wanted to correct more towards the end of Jan, but then the Middle Eastern troubles kicked off, so I don't know what may transpire if/when things settle down there. Japan also seems to be a deflationary influence though it did prompt them to throw more liquidity at things. So I am still trying to keep a little powder dry for now, I wouldn't be surprised to see better bargains down the line.
==================================================================================================================== "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." - Albert Einstein
Jeremiah
Silver Eagle Member
Silver Eagle Member
Progress to next rank:
17%

Postby Pixel8r » Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:52 pm

Jeremiah wrote:I couldn't resist adding a few of these myself the other day at $1.60, though I first got in at $1.92. I also added to Bear Creek/Orko/Ecu/SLW in the last few days. I can't help feeling the PM market wanted to correct more towards the end of Jan, but then the Middle Eastern troubles kicked off, so I don't know what may transpire if/when things settle down there. Japan also seems to be a deflationary influence though it did prompt them to throw more liquidity at things. So I am still trying to keep a little powder dry for now, I wouldn't be surprised to see better bargains down the line.

I think I may well take a bit of profit off the table soon, as I feel we may well have a pullback through the summer. The "sell in May and go away" could well happen this year I think, as the FED delay their continuation of QE2 announcement.

I think I will probably take around 30% out to cash and buy again come around July/August.

Please feel free to start threads on the stocks you are into that don't have a thread on here yet.
Pixel8r
Founder
Founder
Rhodium Rocket
Rhodium Rocket

Postby Jeremiah » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:03 am

Pixel8r wrote:
Jeremiah wrote:I couldn't resist adding a few of these myself the other day at $1.60, though I first got in at $1.92. I also added to Bear Creek/Orko/Ecu/SLW in the last few days. I can't help feeling the PM market wanted to correct more towards the end of Jan, but then the Middle Eastern troubles kicked off, so I don't know what may transpire if/when things settle down there. Japan also seems to be a deflationary influence though it did prompt them to throw more liquidity at things. So I am still trying to keep a little powder dry for now, I wouldn't be surprised to see better bargains down the line.

I think I may well take a bit of profit off the table soon, as I feel we may well have a pullback through the summer. The "sell in May and go away" could well happen this year I think, as the FED delay their continuation of QE2 announcement.

I think I will probably take around 30% out to cash and buy again come around July/August.

Please feel free to start threads on the stocks you are into that don't have a thread on here yet.

Thanks Pixel8r, Though TBH I haven't even worked out how to attach smilies, I try dragging and dropping and just get the code transferring across. So for my intellect, starting threads will be a step up in technological ability as well as confidence in highlighting a particular stock - they all look so good on paper. As the famous saying goes 'The definition of a gold mine is a hole in the ground with a liar at the top' So I tend to pick the brains of commentators on sites such as Marketoracle/silverstrategies/financialsense etc. and try and come across a second opinion elsewhere. I also dug out the holdings of various silver and copper funds, did a quick check on the components and invested in the ones which ticked my boxes. Apart from SLW which I will use as a base holding, I try to go for late stage explorers/developers in mining friendly (for the moment!) jurisdictions or small to medium producers which may have room to expand. However, I think I have piled in a little quickly and haven't quite followed this strategy as well as I would have wished! Oh well, Que sera, sera!
==================================================================================================================== "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." - Albert Einstein
Jeremiah
Silver Eagle Member
Silver Eagle Member
Progress to next rank:
17%

Postby Pixel8r » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:11 am

Jeremiah wrote:Thanks Pixel8r, Though TBH I haven't even worked out how to attach smilies, I try dragging and dropping and just get the code transferring across. So for my intellect, starting threads will be a step up in technological ability as well as confidence in highlighting a particular stock - they all look so good on paper. As the famous saying goes 'The definition of a gold mine is a hole in the ground with a liar at the top' So I tend to pick the brains of commentators on sites such as Marketoracle/silverstrategies/financialsense etc. and try and come across a second opinion elsewhere. I also dug out the holdings of various silver and copper funds, did a quick check on the components and invested in the ones which ticked my boxes. Apart from SLW which I will use as a base holding, I try to go for late stage explorers/developers in mining friendly (for the moment!) jurisdictions or small to medium producers which may have room to expand. However, I think I have piled in a little quickly and haven't quite followed this strategy as well as I would have wished! Oh well, Que sera, sera!

To add a smilie just click the one you want and the code for it will be added to your message in the editor. If you are ever unsure as to what has been done just click the preview button and the editor will show you what your message will look like. :thumbup:

I tend to try and pick junior producers that are using organic growth to explore and build their resources. I prefer that approach as it leads to a growing company without the massive dilution via share issues from some of the early stage explorers. I realise that some explorers will make better returns, but also realise that a lot will never amount to anything just keep issuing loads of new shares.
Pixel8r
Founder
Founder
Rhodium Rocket
Rhodium Rocket

Postby Pixel8r » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:40 pm

Has anyone got a clue as to what is going on with Silvercrest. Todays there are massively more buys than sells (1,184,700/137,400 currently) yet the price is down 3.8%. :wtf:
Pixel8r
Founder
Founder
Rhodium Rocket
Rhodium Rocket

Postby Pixel8r » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:40 pm

SilverCrest Mines receives target price boost from Jennings Capital

1st Apr 2011, 5:19 pm by Deborah Sterescu

SilverCrest Mines (CVE:SVL) saw its 12-month price target from Jennings Capital grow 44% today, after initial drill results from the La Joya silver-copper-gold property in Mexico revealed “blue-sky” potential.

Yesterday, the Vancouver-based mineral explorer released “highly encouraging results” from a first phase drill program at the recently acquired La Joya in Durango State, said equity research firm Jennings.

SilverCrest completed 13 of 22 planned holes, intersecting significant results in the first ten, for a 100% hit ratio. Highlights included 19.2 metres grading 156.5 g/t silver, 0.82% copper and 0.18 g/t gold, starting at 40.4 metres and including 241.4 g/t silver, 1.36% copper and 0.27 g/t gold over 9.8 metres.

“We see potential for additional discoveries, given that the targeted area appears to strike for two kilometres and measure 100 to 200 metres wide,” Jennings noted in the research report.

Indeed, the current drill program at La Joya is targeting half the potential strike length, and a second drill rig has been mobilized to accelerate the exploration campaign, with the eventual goal of initiating a resource estimate.

On the back of the results, Jennings re-iterated SilverCrest’s buy rating and increased its price target to C$3.25 from C$2.25, reflecting the use of a higher valuation multiple to recognize the production potential at La Joya. Jennings said the jump also includes a more “aggressive” valuation of the company’s existing resources at the now producing Santa Elena gold-silver mine, and the nearby Cruz de Mayo silver project in Sonora State.

SilverCrest could have potential for annual production rates of more than 1.0 million ounces of silver, and 8.0 million pounds of copper, plus gold, providing the possibility for incremental operating cash flow of US$40 million per year at current metal prices, according to Jennings’ estimates...
Pixel8r
Founder
Founder
Rhodium Rocket
Rhodium Rocket

Postby Pixel8r » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:09 am

SilverCrest's Form 40-F Registration Statement Effective

VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA--(Marketwire - Aug. 2, 2011) - SilverCrest Mines Inc. ("SilverCrest") (TSX VENTURE:SVL) is pleased to announce that its registration statement on Form 40-F, filed on May 31, 2011, with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC") to register its common shares under Section 12 of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended (the "U.S. Exchange Act"), automatically went effective on August 1, 2011 pursuant to Section 12(g)(1) of the U.S. Exchange Act. As a result, SilverCrest is now a reporting issuer under the U.S. Exchange Act and broker-dealers in the United States will now be able to effect transactions in common shares of SilverCrest in the United States. SilverCrest common shares trade in Canada on the TSX Venture Exchange through Canadian broker-dealers.

The Company intends to submit an application to have its common shares quoted on the OTCQX trading platform which is the top tier of the broker-dealer quotation services operated by OTC Markets Inc. The OTCQX is a broker-dealer trading platform with rules and listing standards that facilitates trading in over 9000 securities in the United States. The OTCQX is designed to meet the needs of an international public company such as SilverCrest by providing a trading platform in the United States that offers many of the benefits of the traditional U.S. stock exchanges. The Company expects that its shares will be accepted for quotation on the OTCQX in the next 30-60 days.
Pixel8r
Founder
Founder
Rhodium Rocket
Rhodium Rocket

Postby Pixel8r » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:36 pm

Nice bounce yesterday of the back of the La Joya drill results. :thumbup:

SilverCrest Identifies Large Bulk Tonnage Target at La Joya; Hole 17 Intercepts 205.2m Grading 92.7 gpt Silver Equivalent

SilverCrest Mines Inc. (TSX VENTURE:SVL)(OTCQX:STVQF)(PINK SHEETS:STVQF)(FRANKFURT:CW5) (the "Company") is pleased to announce that data compilation for the Phase I drilling program and a newly received historic database has identified a large, near-surface bulk tonnage target at its La Joya property in Durango, Mexico. The compilation by SilverCrest has involved data and/or drill core review of 51 historic holes (14,786 metres) and 26 Company drill holes (5,716 metres) totaling 20,502 metres of drilling in 77 holes on the property. Verification or validation work completed by an Independent Qualified Person included review of 22 historic holes, Company drill information, geologic mapping, sampling, geochemistry, and historic airborne and ground geophysics. The compilation of these data will be incorporated into the upcoming NI43-101 Technical Report and resource estimate...
Pixel8r
Founder
Founder
Rhodium Rocket
Rhodium Rocket

Postby Pixel8r » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:12 pm

What the analysts and experts say about Silver Stock, SilverCrest Mines:

Ron Struthers, Struthers Resource Stock Report (11/16/11) "SilverCrest Mines Inc. released a large number of drill results from the La Joya project. In addition to its own new holes, the company was given complete access to a database of 51 historic holes; the large database now in SilverCrest's possession hasn't simplified the geology but it has highlighted, in management's opinion, the potential for La Joya to host a large bulk-tonnage resource in addition to the higher-grade structures the company has focused on."

Nicholas Campbell, Canaccord Genuity (11/15/11) "SilverCrest Mines Inc.'s phase 1 26-hole drill program is complete. . .33 of the holes completed on the Main Mineralized Trend (MMT) have drill defined a semi-continuous mineralized zone over 1,000m by 500m to a vertical depth of up to 230m. . .we expect an initial silver resource in excess of 50 Moz with gold and copper by-products. The 44 historical drill holes completed outside the MMT demonstrates the potential to expand the mineralization. . .longer-term, we see potential for La Joya to develop into a 100+ Moz silver resource."

Morning Coffee (11/15/11 ) "SilverCrest Mines Inc. announced that data compilation for the phase I drilling program and a newly received historic database has identified a large, near-surface bulk tonnage target at its La Joya silver-copper-gold property in Durango, Mexico. . .the program has defined a 500x1,000m semi-continuous zone of mineralization with mineralization drilled to a depth of up to 230m with Ag eq values of 15-202 g/t. . .La Joya could host an initial silver resource in excess of 40 Moz, with significant upside potential."

Greg McCoach, Mining Speculator (11/8/11) "SilverCrest Mines Inc. is greatly undervalued and should be making significant gains when silver resumes its next trek higher. On the production front, the company announced they have had continued growth of silver and gold production in the third quarter 2011 from the Santa Elena mine located in Sonora, Mexico: Compared with Q211, silver production was up 43% to 106,636 oz and gold production was up 61% to 8,805 oz... .the Company is a Buy at current levels."

From here - http://www.investorideas.com/news/2011/mining/11221.asp
Pixel8r
Founder
Founder
Rhodium Rocket
Rhodium Rocket

Postby Pixel8r » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:30 pm

Watch on youtube.com
Pixel8r
Founder
Founder
Rhodium Rocket
Rhodium Rocket

Postby Pixel8r » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:26 pm » Safari 6.0.1 Safari 6.0.1  Mac OS X Mac OS X  Screen Resolution: 1680 x 1050 1680 x 1050

Nice 7.7% bounce today following raising the cash to clear their gold hedge. :thumbup:

SilverCrest Closes $34.5 Million Prospectus Offering, Over-Allotment Option Exercised in Full

SilverCrest Mines Inc. (the "Company") (TSX VENTURE:SVL)(NYSE MKT:SVLC)(NYSE Amex:SVLC) is pleased to announce the completion of its prospectus offering announced on October 5, 2012 for gross proceeds of CAD$30 million, together with exercise of the over-allotment option in full for an additional $4.5 million, resulting in total gross proceeds of $34.5 million.

The Company plans to use the net proceeds of the offering to pay out and eliminate the remainder of the Company's gold hedge commitments and for general corporate purposes.
Pixel8r
Founder
Founder
Rhodium Rocket
Rhodium Rocket

Postby Pixel8r » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:00 pm » Safari 7.0.1 Safari 7.0.1  Mac OS X Mac OS X  Screen Resolution: 1680 x 1050 1680 x 1050

Will this bring a bump in the price as the mining ETF's buy in?

The Toronto Stock Exchange announced today in the Daily Bulletin that the shares of SilverCrest Mines Inc. (TSXVN:SVL) will graduate to trade on TSX at the open of trading on Monday, February 24, 2014. The ticker symbol will remain "SVL" and the CUSIP number will remain 828364 10 6. The company will be removed from the S&P/TSX Venture Composite Index after the close of trading on Friday, February 21, 2014.
Pixel8r
Founder
Founder
Rhodium Rocket
Rhodium Rocket

Postby Pixel8r » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:04 am » Safari 8.0.8 Safari 8.0.8  Mac OS X Mac OS X  Screen Resolution: 2560 x 1440 2560 x 1440

First Majestic Completes Acquisition of Silvercrest

VANCOUVER, BC, CANADA – First Majestic Silver Corp. (“First Majestic”) and SilverCrest Mines Inc. (“SilverCrest”) are pleased to announce the completion of the plan of arrangement (the “Arrangement”) previously announced in the joint news release of First Majestic and SilverCrest dated July 27, 2015.

Under the arrangement, which took effect as of 12:01 a.m. (Vancouver time) this morning, First Majestic has acquired all of the issued and outstanding common shares of SilverCrest. Shareholders of SilverCrest will receive 0.2769 First Majestic shares and CDN$0.0001 for each share of SilverCrest held. In addition, shareholders of SilverCrest will receive 0.1667 shares in a newly formed company which will hold certain exploration assets currently held by SilverCrest and First Majestic.

Keith Neumeyer, President and CEO of First Majestic said, “With this closing, First Majestic is integrating a well-built, low-cost, profitable silver mine into its large portfolio of operating mines. The Santa Elena Silver Mine, becoming our sixth mine in Mexico, is projected to increase the Company’s total production by approximately 5 million silver equivalent ounces per year. We are very excited to have this free cash flowing mine added to our portfolio.”

“Over the coming quarters, we will be communicating our plan for Santa Elena which will include ways to further reduce operating costs,” continued Mr. Neumeyer. “Finally, I would like to take this opportunity to personally welcome the SilverCrest shareholders into the First Majestic family.”

With the Arrangement now complete, it is expected that SilverCrest’s shares will cease trading and will be delisted from the Toronto Stock Exchange (“TSX”) in approximately 2-3 business days in accordance with the rules of the TSX and will cease trading and be delisted from the New York Stock Exchange MKT before the opening on October 2, 2015.
Pixel8r
Founder
Founder
Rhodium Rocket
Rhodium Rocket

Re: Silvercrest Mines (TSX:SIL)

Postby Pixel8r » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:52 pm » Safari 12.1.2 Safari 12.1.2  Mac OS X Mac OS X  Screen Resolution: 2560 x 1440 2560 x 1440

I should have changed the symbol on this one a while back, now TSX:SIL. Nice stock that I have been into for a good time and showing nice return. Was actually bought out by First Majestic, you got FM shares and shares in the new version of Silvercrest. They have gone on to become successful again in their own right. Look to be set up to do the same again. Think I will probably expand my holding of these.

Watch on youtube.com
Pixel8r
Founder
Founder
Rhodium Rocket
Rhodium Rocket

Return to Mining Equity Investment