Cosigo Resources (CVE:CSG)

News and comment on investment in mining
Forum rules
Please read: 24Knews Forum Rules

Re: Cosigo Resources (CVE:CSG)

Postby DoctorSolar » Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:29 pm

Rosco wrote: I wish they'd get a move on....ugh!

I hear rumblings that they will meet with the Colombian government this week. If there are objections lets hope they have some news from the Brazilian operations to soften the blow :)
DoctorSolar
Silver Eagle Member
Silver Eagle Member
Progress to next rank:
24.8%

Postby Capitalist_Pig » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:10 pm

DoctorSolar wrote:
Rosco wrote: I wish they'd get a move on....ugh!

I hear rumblings that they will meet with the Colombian government this week. If there are objections lets hope they have some news from the Brazilian operations to soften the blow :)

But then how long do we have to wait for the Columbian gvmt?
A lot of the time, the stock market is just like Tescos ... You just gotta find the value packs, reduced to clear, and buy one get one free offers!
Capitalist_Pig
Silver Eagle Member
Silver Eagle Member
Progress to next rank:
9.7%

Postby DoctorSolar » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:23 pm

Capitalist_Pig wrote:But then how long do we have to wait for the Columbian gvmt?

I asked Dennis at Cosigo when the final public audience would be and he replied saying they have been asking the government to give a date in writing. It has not happened at this point so they have asked for a meeting with them to get a final date. They will announce the date as soon as they receive it.

They are rapidly moving the drilling to the months of February or March.

The long wait goes on...
DoctorSolar
Silver Eagle Member
Silver Eagle Member
Progress to next rank:
24.8%

Postby Pixel8r » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:14 pm

Video on link.

Illegal gold rush sees Colombia's drug barons cash in

22 November 2011 Last updated at 02:32

An illegal gold rush has developed in Colombia after armed gangs diverted their attention from the cocaine industry to another, very profitable one.

Colombia's President Juan Manuel Santos said the high price of gold has also meant a high price for the environment.

The BBC's Alastair Leithead has visited one of the illegal mines to see how they operate.
"Money is Gold, and nothing else"
(As John Pierpont Morgan once stated under oath before the USCongress and the Pujo Commission in 1912)
Pixel8r
Founder
Founder
Rhodium Rocket
Rhodium Rocket

Postby Rosco » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:47 am

Rosco
New Drachma Holder
New Drachma Holder
Progress to next rank:
72%

Postby DoctorSolar » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:55 pm

Cosigo Resources Ltd. Signs Letter of Intent with Native Communities In Northwestern Brazil

Vancouver, British Columbia, December 19, 2011 -- Cosigo Resources Ltd. (TSXV: CSG) today provided an update on the Company's activities in northwestern Brazil.

Highlights of the update include:
• Letter of Intent signed with communities and local authorities in native areas of northwestern Brazil to seek approvals for and to start a pilot project with the objective of developing mining opportunities

• Area covered by the Letter of Intent hosts multiple historic gold mining areas with Taraira Gold Belt geology similar to that of Cosigo's Machado project on the Colombian side of the border

• Upon receipt of Federal approvals for the pilot project, Cosigo will have the option to enter into a joint venture with up to a 75% interest on prospects identified by drilling in the area covered by the Letter of Intent

"We have completed the first steps toward a joint venture with the native peoples of this highly prospective region of Brazil. This pilot project stands to lead to successful mineral development, where native communities can take a leading role in their own economic future while maintaining environmental integrity", said Dennis W. Milburn, President and CEO of Cosigo. "Together with the communities we will now work to bring the project to fruition."

On December 2, 2011 the Company signed a Letter of Intent ("LOI") with the leaders of several native communities. Parties to the LOI include the Jose Mormes, Rio Tiquie and Baniwa nations, as well as representatives of the municipalities of Japura and Sao Gabriel de Cachoeira (collectively the "Communities"). The LOI was also signed by representatives of the Brazilian department of native affairs (FUNAI) and by the Federation of Indigenous Organizations of Rio Negro (FOIRN). The objective of the LOI is to initiate a pilot project to investigate mineral potential and develop mining opportunities in the Isana River, Pari Cachoeira, Tiquie River and Traira Serrania regions of the northwestern Amazon Province of Brazil. These regions close to the Colombian border are hosts to large areas of geology similar to that of Cosigo's Machado project in Colombia. According to the LOI, Cosigo has the option to enter into a mining venture where it has up to 75% interest on prospects identified by drilling. The Communities will retain a 25% interest in such prospects.

Prior to executing the LOI, Cosigo, the Communities and the Secretary of native affairs for the State of Amazonas had signed an initial Memorandum of Understanding expressing the desire of all parties to further the investigation of the mineral potential in the region. Currently, the Brazilian Federal Authorities do not authorize mining projects within native areas. Discussions are ongoing between native groups and Federal Authorities to establish, which areas could be developed once Federal authorization comes forth.
DoctorSolar
Silver Eagle Member
Silver Eagle Member
Progress to next rank:
24.8%

Postby DoctorSolar » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:05 pm

Seems to me we have had a major delay on the machado property re: permitting so they have opted to pursue things on the Brazilian side of the border. Looks like permitting could be a major headache there too though given that:

Currently, the Brazilian Federal Authorities do not authorize mining projects within native areas

I take this to mean that mining projects are not allowed within native areas and there will need to be some major negotiations and perhaps even legislative changes before they can get approval. I'm not sure though so don't quote me on that interpretation.

Rosco/Pix, would appreciate your thoughts on this development if you get a chance.
DoctorSolar
Silver Eagle Member
Silver Eagle Member
Progress to next rank:
24.8%

Postby Pixel8r » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:53 pm

My thoughts on it are that it was always going to be difficult to get the permitting on these properties, that is why they are underdeveloped and a small company like Cosigo is able to maybe get the chance. If it had been easy there would have been larger miners in there years ago.

I think they are going the right way about getting the right to mine though. They seem to be getting the locals onside, involving them in the process and offering potential royalties. As the price of gold goes up I think it will become more and more attractive to the authorities, they will be seeing the possible revenue and the locals would appreciate the work.

IMO this is going to be a long slog but if and when it finally comes good we will see a massive lift off in the price. Basically this is a complete flyer, not one for putting much into IMO. I treat this as my bluesky potential gamble stock and have around 2.5% of my portfolio in it. With these sort of explorers I think you have to just take the rough with the smooth and not get too excited or disappointed in their movements or news. This seems a good high risk stock to me, great potential but also lots of chances for things to go wrong. I will not be buying anymore of this until I see permissions being granted and the drills start turning.
(As John Pierpont Morgan once stated under oath before the USCongress and the Pujo Commission in 1912)
Pixel8r
Founder
Founder
Rhodium Rocket
Rhodium Rocket

Postby Rosco » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:25 pm

January 23, 2012
President's Letter January 2012

Cosigo Shareholders,

I want to wish you and your families a Happy and Profitable New Year.

The Cosigo group continues to focus on our Machado Project in the highly prospective Taraira (called "Traira" in Brazil) Gold Belt along the border between Colombia and Brazil.

We are currently awaiting a Forestry Reserve Subtraction from the Colombian government. A new Mines Minister and a new Minister of the Environment are working with their staff to update their procedures and speed up the processing of permits, claims and other items related to mining and the environmental regulations. These organizational changes have delayed our last required meeting, called a Public Audience, which was expected to occur by the end of November, 2011. The government has not yet given us a date in writing for this Public Audience. As unfortunate as these delays are, Machado is but one of many projects in Colombia going through the same thing.

In the meantime we have completed two Pre-Public Audiences that are designed to inform the individuals in the Taraira area of what will be discussed in the final Public Audience. We believe we have overwhelming support for our proposed exploration program and many of the locals are as eager as we are to get our exploration program up and running.

We continue to have our prospecting teams exploring and sampling in areas that are open to us in the Taraira Gold Belt, both in Colombia and in Brazil. Valuable information is being gathered that we are certain will lead to additional targets and projects in these areas. For additional information, please read our "Mo' Gold" story by clicking the "Cosigo Journa" button on the Cosigo Website.

As you may have heard, we have recently signed a Letter of Intent with communities and local authorities in the native areas of northwestern Brazil to seek approvals for and to start a pilot project with the objective of developing mining opportunities. These regions close to the Colombian border are hosts to large areas of geology similar to that of Cosigo's Machado project in Colombia. Several areas of historic gold production and numerous gold showings are known in the region. According to the Letter of Intent, Cosigo has the option to enter into a mining venture where it has up to 75% interest on prospects identified by drilling. The communities will retain a 25% interest in such prospects. The Letter of Intent is the first of its kind in this part of the world and it has already attracted a lot of interest in Brazil. We are looking forward to building a strong and mutually beneficial working relationship with our native partners.

We remain in close daily contact with Colombian officials, and they are indicating that an official notice of the Machado Public Audience is forthcoming. As soon as we are given an official date we will issue a news release to this effect.

Sincerely,

Dennis W Milburn

President & CEO
Rosco
New Drachma Holder
New Drachma Holder
Progress to next rank:
72%

Postby Pixel8r » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:33 pm

They seem to be doing the right sort of things and making the right sort of noises. I have high hopes of them. :thumbup:
Pixel8r
Founder
Founder
Rhodium Rocket
Rhodium Rocket

Postby DoctorSolar » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:30 pm

Jeez what a wait this thing has been... but I sense we might be getting close to some progress. Look how many shares the most recent addition to the team has:

Insider Name: Holmes, George barry
Insider Relationship: 5 - Senior Officer of Issuer
Ceased to be Insider: Not Applicable

2012-02-10 Common Shares 530,000

2012-02-01 Warrants (Common Shares) 218,000 218,000

Looks at the consistent insider buying:

Feb 10/12 Feb 10/12 Holmes, George Barry Direct Ownership Common Shares 10 - Acquisition in the public market 78,000 $0.295
Feb 10/12 Feb 10/12 Holmes, George Barry Direct Ownership Common Shares 10 - Acquisition in the public market 35,500 $0.290
Feb 10/12 Feb 10/12 Holmes, George Barry Direct Ownership Common Shares 10 - Acquisition in the public market 17,500 $0.290
Feb 9/12 Feb 1/12 Holmes, George Barry Direct Ownership Warrants 00 - Opening Balance-Initial SEDI Report
Feb 9/12 Feb 1/12 Holmes, George Barry Direct Ownership Common Shares 00 - Opening Balance-Initial SEDI Report
Jan 26/12 Jan 23/12 Milburn, Dennis William Direct Ownership Common Shares 10 - Acquisition in the public market 1,500 $0.200
Jan 19/12 Jan 18/12 Milburn, Dennis William Direct Ownership Common Shares 10 - Acquisition in the public market 500 $0.200
Jan 18/12 Jan 17/12 Haglund, Magnus Erik Johannes Control or Direction Common Shares 10 - Acquisition in the public market 2,000 $0.200
Jan 17/12 Jan 16/12 Milburn, Dennis William Direct Ownership Common Shares 10 - Acquisition in the public market 5,000 $0.220
Dec 12/11 Dec 1/11 Milburn, Dennis William Direct Ownership Common Shares 10 - Acquisition in the public market 2,000 $0.235

http://www.canadianinsider.com/node/7?ticker=csg
DoctorSolar
Silver Eagle Member
Silver Eagle Member
Progress to next rank:
24.8%

Postby Rosco » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:42 pm

"Jeez what a wait this thing has been..."

" Tell me about it DS. I decided towards the end of last year to leave the markets alone for a while. Just having the odd look in.......its been bad!

I haven't sold a share in Cosigo though, and remain for the long term.

Nice too see insiders buying heavily - maybe we are getting closer to the permits.

The potential still remains huge.
Rosco
New Drachma Holder
New Drachma Holder
Progress to next rank:
72%

Postby Pixel8r » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:07 am

Rosco wrote:Nice too see insiders buying heavily - maybe we are getting closer to the permits.

The potential still remains huge.

I've bought more than Milburn, Dennis William :lol:
Pixel8r
Founder
Founder
Rhodium Rocket
Rhodium Rocket

Postby Capitalist_Pig » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:23 pm

DS, where you been? CSG, and NNVC on the run!
A lot of the time, the stock market is just like Tescos ... You just gotta find the value packs, reduced to clear, and buy one get one free offers!
Capitalist_Pig
Silver Eagle Member
Silver Eagle Member
Progress to next rank:
9.7%

Postby DoctorSolar » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:01 am

Capitalist_Pig wrote:DS, where you been? CSG, and NNVC on the run!

Hey CP! Been outrageously busy with work/new house/childcare and life in general and took a step back from the markets for a bit.

But I'm back now and enjoying the action in CSG and NNVC :)

Off topic but... allallan has a buy signal on nnvc today:

http://www.allantrends.com/nnvc-buy-signal/
DoctorSolar
Silver Eagle Member
Silver Eagle Member
Progress to next rank:
24.8%

Postby Capitalist_Pig » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:33 pm

Has anyone managed to speak with the new IR guy?

I exchanged a few emails, but he is not replying now. I may have insulted them by stating cosigo is not worth a thing without drilling permits :roll:

He did tell me they are not affected by the new permit request ban in Columbia though.
Capitalist_Pig
Silver Eagle Member
Silver Eagle Member
Progress to next rank:
9.7%

Postby Pixel8r » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:37 pm

Capitalist_Pig wrote:Has anyone managed to speak with the new IR guy?

I exchanged a few emails, but he is not replying now. I may have insulted them by stating cosigo is not worth a thing without drilling permits :roll:

He did tell me they are not affected by the new permit request ban in Columbia though.

Did he mention anything about when he thought they would get the permits?
Pixel8r
Founder
Founder
Rhodium Rocket
Rhodium Rocket

Postby Capitalist_Pig » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:07 pm

No, nothing mentioned about the drilling permits. Which was my last email, he is yet to reply to.
Capitalist_Pig
Silver Eagle Member
Silver Eagle Member
Progress to next rank:
9.7%

Postby Capitalist_Pig » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:26 pm

His email is [email protected]

He was quite speedy in replying the first time.
Capitalist_Pig
Silver Eagle Member
Silver Eagle Member
Progress to next rank:
9.7%

Postby Pixel8r » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:28 pm

Thanks will give him a try and report back.
Pixel8r
Founder
Founder
Rhodium Rocket
Rhodium Rocket

PreviousNext

Return to Mining Equity Investment