Cosigo Resources (CVE:CSG)

News and comment on investment in mining
Forum rules
Please read: 24Knews Forum Rules

Re: Cosigo Resources (CVE:CSG)

Postby Rosco » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:44 am

Our new VP of Corporate Development, Barry Holmes introduces himself and asks for an answer to two questions.

http://cosigo.com/s/CSG-Journal.asp?ReportID=507524&_Type=CSG-Journal&_Title=Questions-Questions-Questions

February 15, 2012
Questions -- Questions -- Questions

Fellow shareholders... allow me to introduce myself. My name is Barry Holmes and on February 1st, 2012, I joined Cosigo Resources Ltd. as Vice President, Corporate Development. A brief bio of myself is available in the February 6th Cosigo news release.

I think it is great to see a public exploration company with a communication tool like the 'Journal'. There are so many exciting things going on in the background of an exploration program, things that usually remain unmentioned. Naturally, we are not talking about any "Material Disclosure", just the routine work as an exploration program evolves. The daily routines are soon taken for granted by those in the field, but it is different for those sitting behind a computer at home or in the office ... well, we nowadays have the technology to enable you, our shareholders, to share in the progress, and experience the adventures. The Journal is a tool that will allow shareholders to vicariously participate in the adventure of the exploration program, and Cosigo is pleased to share this dynamic process with you. I firmly believe that shareholders -- who basically have chosen to become partners with us in this venture -- will enjoy and appreciate this exciting journey as we move forward step by step.

I would also like to thank all of you that sent me congratulatory messages on my career move.

I'd like to try and answer one of your repeated questions: "Why would I leave an exciting senior management job in the helicopter industry, with a great company that operated over forty helicopters, where we were transporting all kinds of materials and equipment, moving geologists and prospectors, slinging drills and core boxes for some of the biggest exploration projects in the industry? Not to mention the thrill of fighting forest fires, flying heli-skiers and working on seismic projects looking for oil and gas." Well, the answer is quite simple -- but I'll get to that later.

First, allow me to explain. This post is admittedly a little outside of the normal 'Journal' format, but I want to create a dialogue between us that helps everyone understand the unique aspects of how Cosigo got to this point in its evolution as compared to the more normal process of staking claims in a prospective area and then setting out in search of a discovery. As part of the process, I want to make sure that you feel comfortable in communicating with me -- as that is one of the primary reasons I took this position with Cosigo.

So here is my question for you... and to find the answer you will need to go to the Cosigo homepage and open the 'Corporate Presentation'. I challenge you to:

Find two items in the Corporate Presentation, which explain what is unique about Cosigo's Machado property in comparison to most other exploration projects.

I'll give you a couple of clues:
1 -- it has to do with the way the tenure was acquired,
and;
2 -- why did the Colombian government offer up the Machado tenure in this way?

Once you have completed your research, feel free to phone me or email me with your findings. If you find the right answers, you will understand why I made this significant career change.

If the answers still elude you after reviewing the Corporate Presentation, then please call or email me and I'll walk you through it. The two key points are subtle and I had mostly overlooked them myself until I went through the company orientation on Feb 1-2-3.

View this as a challenge to your research, analysis and due diligence skills. Hopefully, it will also help me to communicate effectively with all of you in the future. The most important thing to me -- and what I want to share with you -- is that the answers to my questions are fundamental to understanding the potential value of the company in the future.

I'll post a response shortly with my answers.

Cheers,

Barry Holmes
VP Corporate Development
Telephone: +1-604-515-5970
Toll Free: 1-877-866-8688 (North America)
Email: [email protected]

Updated corporate presentation
Rosco
New Drachma Holder
New Drachma Holder
Progress to next rank:
72%

Postby Capitalist_Pig » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:13 am

Rosco wrote:

Find two items in the Corporate Presentation, which explain what is unique about Cosigo's Machado property in comparison to most other exploration projects.

I'll give you a couple of clues:
1 -- it has to do with the way the tenure was acquired,
and;
2 -- why did the Colombian government offer up the Machado tenure in this way?

- Mining Rights and Land Tenure secure under the Federal Mining Code

- Concession acquired by Cosigo through government bidding process in 2007

What am I missing?
A lot of the time, the stock market is just like Tescos ... You just gotta find the value packs, reduced to clear, and buy one get one free offers!
Capitalist_Pig
Silver Eagle Member
Silver Eagle Member
Progress to next rank:
9.7%

Postby Capitalist_Pig » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:23 am

It turns out Barry Holmes has been a poster on stockhouse for many years. Goes by the name CoastalTrader.

http://www.stockhouse.com/Bullboards/Me ... CSG&t=LIST
A lot of the time, the stock market is just like Tescos ... You just gotta find the value packs, reduced to clear, and buy one get one free offers!
Capitalist_Pig
Silver Eagle Member
Silver Eagle Member
Progress to next rank:
9.7%

Postby Pixel8r » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:56 pm

Cosigo Announces Machado Public Audience

VANCOUVER, March 12, 2012 - Cosigo Resources Ltd. (TSX-V: CSG) today announced that the Colombian Government, through its Ministry of Environment and Sustainable Development, has set the date for a Public Environmental Audience for Cosigo's flagship Machado gold project. The Public Environmental Audience will take place on April 12, 2012.

"This Public Audience is one of the final steps in the Forestry Reserve Subtraction process and we are pleased to be moving forward at Machado." said Dennis W. Milburn, President and CEO of Cosigo.

The venue for the Public Environmental Audience will be the facilities of the Polideportivo Principal de Taraira (Vaupes) in the town of Taraira, Colombia where the meeting will start at 8.00 a.m.
"Money is Gold, and nothing else"
(As John Pierpont Morgan once stated under oath before the USCongress and the Pujo Commission in 1912)
Pixel8r
Founder
Founder
Rhodium Rocket
Rhodium Rocket

Postby DoctorSolar » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:33 am

Pixel8r wrote:Cosigo Announces Machado Public Audience

Here is an update from the Investor Relations Manager (Barry Holmes) as relayed by 3bar:

"Every one who spoke had to register had 5 min including past governor
and current, environmentalists, locals ect. Small table at front of
hall and map for visual aid. Locals and audience sitting in chairs to
the front.

Majority were in favour of development. Their will be objections a
judge will decide if serious or not. Those with valid concerns will be
addressed by Cosigo to the judges satisfaction. Cosigo expects one or
two from artisan miners plus same from NGO's . None expected to be a
problem but more as frivolous. The judge will dismiss any he thinks of
as nuisance .

Summary next week by Dennis Milburn . For the most part the take away
was " Approve the Forestry Subtraction "

http://www.stockhouse.com/Bullboards/Me ... CSG&t=LIST

So we are finally under starters orders. My understanding is that there are now 60 days in which objections can be lodged. Cosigo then has a further 60 days to reply. Assuming all goes well we could be in business by September.

Thoughts gentlemen?
DoctorSolar
Silver Eagle Member
Silver Eagle Member
Progress to next rank:
24.8%

Postby DoctorSolar » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:06 pm

Public Audience: Taraira, Vaupes Province, Colombia

Almost every inquiry we have received has asked: "What is the time frame going forward?" From our understanding of protocol, there will now be short period of time for written submissions from people and organizations that weren't able to attend the Public Audience in person. They will present their submissions to the Ministry of Environment, in Bogota. Cosigo will be advised of any valid concerns by the official handling the file. Cosigo will then address those concerns and respond with a mitigating solution. We estimate that this step will take from 20 to 60 days.

http://www.cosigo.com/s/CSG-Journal.asp ... e-Colombia

It's a little ambiguous but my interpretation is that the process of filing objections and subsequent mitigation by Cosigo should end in 60 days. It's anyone's guess how long it will then take the government to make a decision. I'm hopeful the drills will be turning by September. Time will tell...
DoctorSolar
Silver Eagle Member
Silver Eagle Member
Progress to next rank:
24.8%

Postby Pixel8r » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:26 pm » Safari 6.0 Safari 6.0  Mac OS X Mac OS X  Screen Resolution: 1680 x 1050 1680 x 1050

Cosigo Shareholders,

I hope that you and your family are enjoying a great summer.

The Cosigo group is focused on advancing our Machado Project in the highly prospective Taraira Gold Belt along the border between Colombia and Brazil. This area is called the Traira Gold Belt in Brazil.

We are still waiting on a Forestry Reserve Subtraction on the Machado Project from the Colombian Government. We have completed all required public meetings and reports that have been asked for, and have waited through the time periods for each and every process and procedure. We also have the overwhelming support of the local people and their towns and communities.

We keep in contact with the ministry staff and the Ministers and Vice-Ministers' representatives. We have asked our Colombian lawyers to suggest possible actions to help speed up this Forestry Reserve Subtraction Process. It is our understanding that no other exploration companies wishing to operate in the Forestry Reserve areas of Colombia, which cover 55% of the country, have been able to get their subtractions approved during the past year.

While the procedures within the Colombian government move slowly, we remain positive and are firm in our conviction that the Taraira Gold Belt has excellent potential to host world-class gold deposits. The planned initial exploration program at Machado remains fully funded. Cosigo has sufficient working capital and we continue to keep our monthly expenses as low as possible.

We are continuing to have our prospecting teams explore and sample in the Traira Gold Belt outside of the native areas on the Brazilian side of the border. The regions we are presently focusing on do not have a forestry reserve. The information acquired has led our team to select additional targets in these areas. Progress in Brazil is more rapid than we expected. Negotiations are moving forward and the government has indicated that it intends to approve a pilot project in the native area.

We have completed a Memorandum of Understanding and a Letter of Intent with the natives and their communities and the local and State authorities in Amazonas, Brazil. The Cosigo group is now finalizing a third document to allow us to start a pilot project with the objective of developing mining opportunities in the native areas. The Letter of Intent gives Cosigo the option to enter into a mining venture where it has up to 75% interest on projects identified by drilling. The native communities will retain a 25% interest in such projects. This region is host to large areas of geology similar to that of Cosigo's Machado Project in Colombia. Several areas of historic gold production and numerous gold showings are known in the region.

Cosigo arranged visits by several North American aboriginals to explain to the local Colombian and Brazilian natives and senior government officials that they have successful mining ventures on their traditional lands that have brought employment, skills training and economic benefits to their communities. They were well received by native people and governments of both South American countries. The positive relationships developed are continuing to grow.

To rapidly sample target areas in Brazil, a man-portable percussion drilling system is being developed, which will have the capability of vertically sampling to a depth of 150 feet in a very short period of time. This system will have a minimal environmental impact on the target areas and can be easily moved and operated by the local people with a limited amount of training required.

We will continue to keep you informed of our progress in Colombia and Brazil.

Sincerely,

Dennis W Milburn
President & CEO
(As John Pierpont Morgan once stated under oath before the USCongress and the Pujo Commission in 1912)
Pixel8r
Founder
Founder
Rhodium Rocket
Rhodium Rocket

Postby Capitalist_Pig » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:14 pm » Google Chrome 21.0.118 Google Chrome 21.0.118  Windows Seven 64 bits Windows Seven 64 bits  Screen Resolution: 1152 x 864 1152 x 864

It is our understanding that no other exploration companies wishing to operate in the Forestry Reserve areas of Colombia, which cover 55% of the country, have been able to get their subtractions approved during the past year.

Says it all.

Columbia MoE does not want drilling.

It was the Government who sold the property to Cosigo, maybe with best intentions. But the MoE clearly does not want drilling in the forrests.

My forecast .. CSG to 8 cents.
Capitalist_Pig
Silver Eagle Member
Silver Eagle Member
Progress to next rank:
9.7%

Postby Pixel8r » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:53 pm » Safari 6.0 Safari 6.0  Mac OS X Mac OS X  Screen Resolution: 1680 x 1050 1680 x 1050

Capitalist_Pig wrote:
It is our understanding that no other exploration companies wishing to operate in the Forestry Reserve areas of Colombia, which cover 55% of the country, have been able to get their subtractions approved during the past year.

Says it all.

Columbia MoE does not want drilling.

It was the Government who sold the property to Cosigo, maybe with best intentions. But the MoE clearly does not want drilling in the forrests.

My forecast .. CSG to 8 cents.

As the price of gold goes up it will become more and more attractive IMO. Longterm play.
Pixel8r
Founder
Founder
Rhodium Rocket
Rhodium Rocket

Postby Pixel8r » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:56 am » Safari 6.0 Safari 6.0  Mac OS X Mac OS X  Screen Resolution: 1680 x 1050 1680 x 1050

Fridays action shows exactly the sort of movements these juniors can make in a day with Cosigo going up 17.6% on the day.

Looking at the shares that were traded you can see that there was hardly any volume and the 17.6% up move was caused by the purchase of 14,000 shares @ 0.19 Canadian dollars = around £1690!

Pixel8r
Founder
Founder
Rhodium Rocket
Rhodium Rocket

Postby Pixel8r » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:40 pm » Safari 6.0.2 Safari 6.0.2  Mac OS X Mac OS X  Screen Resolution: 1680 x 1050 1680 x 1050

Cosigo Shareholders,

I want to extend to everyone our best wishes for the holiday season as well as take this opportunity to keep you abreast of our activities in Brazil and Colombia.

Brazil

In Brazil, Cosigo has recently signed a Declaration of Intent to form a Preliminary Agreement of Exploration and Cooperation with the Indigenous Community of Jose Mormes Serra Traira. The signing of this agreement is an important step in the process of receiving approvals to develop exploration and mining opportunities in some of the most prolific gold-producing areas of northwestern Brazil.

A Memorandum of Understanding and a Letter of Intent with the Indigenous Communities of northwestern Brazil are already in place. The new agreement reaffirms the previous commitments and relationships between the Indigenous Communities and outlines a future exploration agreement between the Indigenous Community of Jose Mormes Serra Traira and Cosigo. Under the agreement, the Indigenous Community will retain a 25% interest and Cosigo will acquire a 75% interest in any mineral project it discovers within an exclusive, approximately 200,000 ha, area of interest. This area of interest is centrally located in the Taraira Gold Belt and is host to numerous gold occurrences in a geologic setting very similar to that of Cosigo's Machado project in Colombia.

The outlined future exploration agreement will be put in place following the receipt of permits and approvals from Brazilian authorities. Currently, exploration and mining of natural resources within indigenous areas of Brazil are unregulated and subject to the approval of the Brazilian state. The recently signed agreement enables the Indigenous Community to apply directly to Brazilian authorities for approval of exploration in their territory.

Colombia

Cosigo understands that the Forestry Reserve Subtraction file regarding its Machado project in Colombia is currently on the desk of the Minister of the Environment. All public meeting requirements, reports and approvals have been completed by Cosigo. Our staff remains in close contact with the Colombian authorities while final approval is awaited.

Outside of the Taraira Gold Belt, Cosigo holds a mineral license in the Cauca province of southwestern Colombia. The license, referred to as the Damian project, is situated in an area of current and historic artisanal mining. Cosigo has recently been informed by Colombian authorities that the license has been approved for exploration. Cosigo is currently preparing its plans for the Damian project. Since the project is located outside of Cosigo's main focus area, the company may decide to look for a partner to conduct future exploration.

We remain committed to securing additional opportunities within the Taraira Gold Belt and will keep you informed of our progress.

Sincerely,

Dennis W. Milburn
President & CEO
Pixel8r
Founder
Founder
Rhodium Rocket
Rhodium Rocket

Postby Pixel8r » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:00 pm » Safari 6.0.3 Safari 6.0.3  Mac OS X Mac OS X  Screen Resolution: 1920 x 1200 1920 x 1200

At least we can start drilling now.

Cosigo Resources Ltd. - Machado Project Update

Cosigo has been notified by the Colombian Ministry of Environment that a forestry reserve subtraction (the "Subtraction") has been granted to the Company. The granting of the Subtraction will allow Cosigo to mobilize for an initial drilling program on the 9,973 hectare Machado Project.

The Subtraction is subject to a number of conditions, which will impact Cosigo's upcoming exploration program. These include restricting drilling operations to an area of 45.6 hectares. The limited size of the subtracted area will allow for initial, albeit only partial, exploration of the several mineralized zones identified at Machado. Furthermore, the Subtraction allows for a total of 42 drill holes and is restricted to a duration of three months following the day the forestry reserve subtraction is published in the official publication of the Colombian government. Cosigo expects this to happen within the next 10 days.
Pixel8r
Founder
Founder
Rhodium Rocket
Rhodium Rocket

Postby Pixel8r » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:09 pm » Safari 6.0.3 Safari 6.0.3  Mac OS X Mac OS X  Screen Resolution: 1920 x 1200 1920 x 1200

"Despite the strict conditions attached to our initial forestry reserve subtraction, this marks a very significant milestone for the Machado Project." stated Dennis W. Milburn, President and CEO of the Company. "Our Colombian team is eager to get our exploration program started and we will immediately proceed with an application to extend the duration and scope of the subtraction."

Remote locations such as Machado often require a mobilization period of one to two months prior to the commencement of a drilling program. Fortunately, Cosigo has moved most of the equipment necessary for drilling to Colombia during the last couple of years. Cosigo has sufficient funding to complete its initial drilling program in an environmentally sustainable manner and on a geologically appropriate and logical basis.
Pixel8r
Founder
Founder
Rhodium Rocket
Rhodium Rocket

Postby DoctorSolar » Tue May 07, 2013 7:01 pm » Google Chrome 26.0.141 Google Chrome 26.0.141  Mac OS X Mac OS X  Screen Resolution: 1440 x 900 1440 x 900

At last we have the permits and the stock is trading well. With further rounds of financing a certainty lets hope the drill results indicate what we believe is under the surface and that this in turn means we don't get diluted too badly.

With the geology we know so far the drill results could well be mind blowing.
DoctorSolar
Silver Eagle Member
Silver Eagle Member
Progress to next rank:
24.8%

Postby Pixel8r » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:15 am » Safari 6.0.5 Safari 6.0.5  Mac OS X Mac OS X  Screen Resolution: 1920 x 1200 1920 x 1200

Hi Everyone:

I`m writing to let you know we have completed the first phase drill program on our flagship Machado concession on the Taraira gold belt in southeast Colombia, South America.

The drill samples are on barges headed down the Amazon River to Manaus, Brazil where they will be delivered to our warehouse. Once there our geology team will commence processing them into samples suitable for assaying. These samples will be assayed by ALS Chemex in their North Vancouver laboratory. We anticipate first assay results will be delivered to us by mid-late September for immediate release by Cosigo. Application for an extension to this exploration-drill program has been submitted by our Colombian management team.

A pictorial presentation of the drill program has just been posted on the ``Journal`` which is accessible on our website homepage at www.cosigo.com It takes a few minutes to download, but we wanted to give you the highest resolution pictures possible.

This is a very exciting time for us at Cosigo and for you our shareholders.

If you have any questions, suggestions or comments please contact me by email or at the phone numbers posted below.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers,

Barry.
Pixel8r
Founder
Founder
Rhodium Rocket
Rhodium Rocket

Postby Pixel8r » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:29 pm » Safari 6.0.5 Safari 6.0.5  Mac OS X Mac OS X  Screen Resolution: 1680 x 1050 1680 x 1050

Should get the drill results from Machado any day now, can't wait. :pray:
Pixel8r
Founder
Founder
Rhodium Rocket
Rhodium Rocket

Postby Pixel8r » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:46 pm » Safari 8.0.2 Safari 8.0.2  Mac OS X Mac OS X  Screen Resolution: 2560 x 1440 2560 x 1440

Cosigo Board and Management Resign

VANCOUVER, Feb. 23, 2015 /CNW/ - Cosigo Resources Ltd. ("Cosigo" or the "Company") announces the resignation today of Dennis Milburn, Ted Robinson and Christine Aney from their respective board and executive positions with the Company. Andres Rendle, VP South American Operations, will continue as the sole director and officer pending appointment of new directors and officers.

The resignations follow the settlement of an ongoing dispute with a shareholder.

:cry:
Pixel8r
Founder
Founder
Rhodium Rocket
Rhodium Rocket

Previous

Return to Mining Equity Investment