Pinetree Capital (TSE:PNP)

News and comment on investment in mining
Forum rules
Please read: 24Knews Forum Rules

Re: Pinetree Capital (TSE:PNP)

Postby Pixel8r » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:27 pm

Capitalist_Pig wrote:What on earth is going on with Pinetree Crapital, I do not know. Over 50% below. What gives?

Supposedly there is a heavy short position (3,416,000 shares short), IMO this will start to cover over the next month as the venture exchange starts to follow the majors. If I had any spare cash I would be buying more PNP at the moment.
"Money is Gold, and nothing else"
(As John Pierpont Morgan once stated under oath before the USCongress and the Pujo Commission in 1912)
Pixel8r
Founder
Founder
Rhodium Rocket
Rhodium Rocket

Postby Capitalist_Pig » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:23 pm

Pixel8r wrote:
Capitalist_Pig wrote:What on earth is going on with Pinetree Crapital, I do not know. Over 50% below. What gives?

Supposedly there is a heavy short position (3,416,000 shares short), IMO this will start to cover over the next month as the venture exchange starts to follow the majors. If I had any spare cash I would be buying more PNP at the moment.

Thats useful to know Pix. Where did you find out about the short position?
A lot of the time, the stock market is just like Tescos ... You just gotta find the value packs, reduced to clear, and buy one get one free offers!
Capitalist_Pig
Silver Eagle Member
Silver Eagle Member
Progress to next rank:
9.7%

Postby Pixel8r » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:52 pm

Capitalist_Pig wrote:
Pixel8r wrote:

Thats useful to know Pix. Where did you find out about the short position?

Stockhouse board - http://www.stockhouse.com/Bullboards/Me ... 0&pd=1&r=0
(As John Pierpont Morgan once stated under oath before the USCongress and the Pujo Commission in 1912)
Pixel8r
Founder
Founder
Rhodium Rocket
Rhodium Rocket

Postby Capitalist_Pig » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:53 pm

PNP just seems to be a proxy to trade the CDNX, regardless of the NAV.

Am very tempted to sell, and add to my winners. CDNX damage could take a while to repair.
A lot of the time, the stock market is just like Tescos ... You just gotta find the value packs, reduced to clear, and buy one get one free offers!
Capitalist_Pig
Silver Eagle Member
Silver Eagle Member
Progress to next rank:
9.7%

Postby Pixel8r » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:17 pm

Capitalist_Pig wrote:PNP just seems to be a proxy to trade the CDNX, regardless of the NAV.

Am very tempted to sell, and add to my winners. CDNX damage could take a while to repair.

To me PNP is a longterm buy and hold, I am not expecting it to come right for years yet, If you are looking for a shorter term investment maybe it is better looking elsewhere.

I am expecting PNP to be a very profitable stock but it probably won't get going till later in this gold bull run. I am just adding to it whenever I have some spare cash, that can't find another investment.

Here's an interesting graph which I have got from here - http://www.caseyresearch.com/editorial.php?page=articles/how-long-might-it-take-get-rich-gold-stocks&ppref=FCB422ED0911C

Pixel8r
Founder
Founder
Rhodium Rocket
Rhodium Rocket

Postby Jeremiah » Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:30 am

I see Pinetree have moved up at last. I bought some at $1.42 last month only to see them continue down to $1.06, which I thought might be the low for now, but I had no more dosh to throw at them. :(

With all the warrants etc. they seem to be a geared play on the junior mining sector, so will necessarily suffer in a downturn but should shine in any steady rise.

I read that the Canadian junior mining sector is again as low v. gold as it was at the depth of the slump in late 2008. Possibly an important pivot point, I think.

If I am understanding things right, the company seem to be trying to help the beleaguered shareholder by buying back stock and a there could be a listing on TSX soon.
==================================================================================================================== "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." - Albert Einstein
Jeremiah
Silver Eagle Member
Silver Eagle Member
Progress to next rank:
17%

Postby Jeremiah » Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:26 pm

I just noticed they are again acquiring more stock which they haven't done since mid-August. I wonder if this is a significant turning point in their confidence in the market? :think:
==================================================================================================================== "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." - Albert Einstein
Jeremiah
Silver Eagle Member
Silver Eagle Member
Progress to next rank:
17%

Postby Pixel8r » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:29 pm

Interview with Marshall Auerback from Pintree capital - http://etfdailynews.com/2011/10/20/mars ... -gdx-gdxj/
Pixel8r
Founder
Founder
Rhodium Rocket
Rhodium Rocket

Postby Pixel8r » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:12 pm

TORONTO, Canada (February 15, 2012) Pinetree Capital Ltd. (TSX: PNP), announces that as at January 31, 2012, Pinetree’s unaudited net asset value per share (“NAV”) was $3.08.

Current share price = $1.70 - Pinetree is currently at a 44.8% discount to NAV.
Pixel8r
Founder
Founder
Rhodium Rocket
Rhodium Rocket

Postby Pixel8r » Wed May 16, 2012 4:44 pm

PINETREE CAPITAL ANNOUNCES TSX ACCEPTANCE OF NORMAL COURSE ISSUER BID FOR CONVERTIBLE DEBENTURES

TORONTO, Ontario (May 16, 2012) – Pinetree Capital Ltd. (TSX: “PNP”) (“Pinetree”) announces that the Toronto Stock Exchange (the “TSX”) has accepted notice of its intention to make a normal course issuer bid (the “Bid”), through the facilities of the TSX and on other alternative Canadian trading systems, to purchase up to $3,750,000 principal amount of its 8% convertible unsecured subordinated debentures due May 31, 2016 (“Debentures”) (TSX: “PNP.DB”), representing up to 5% of the $75,000,000 principal amount of Debentures currently outstanding.

The Bid will commence on May 18, 2012 and end on May 17, 2013. Pinetree can purchase up to a maximum of $28,293 principal amount of Debentures per day under the Bid (subject to the company’s ability to rely upon the “block purchase exception” under the TSX rules). All purchases will be made at market prices and otherwise in accordance with the rules of the TSX, and all Debentures purchased under the Bid will be cancelled.

Pinetree believes that in view of recent trading prices of the Debentures, and depending upon prices from time to time throughout the duration of the Bid, the purchase (for cancellation) of Debentures may represent an attractive use of funds to reduce the company’s ongoing interest expense and reduce the overall debt outstanding at below issue cost, thereby contributing to the enhancement of shareholder value.

Pinetree has not purchased any Debentures during the previous twelve months.
Pixel8r
Founder
Founder
Rhodium Rocket
Rhodium Rocket

Postby Ziknik » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:31 pm » Google Chrome Mobile 62.0.320 Google Chrome Mobile 62.0.320  Android Android  Screen Resolution: 360 x 740 360 x 740

Are you still holding this one Px?

I'm still holding but wondering if I should bin it... or maybe top up.
"we needed a fightback and a fightback is under way"
Ziknik
Half Krug Member
Half Krug Member
Progress to next rank:
36.5%

Postby Pixel8r » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:30 pm » Safari 11.0 Safari 11.0  Mac OS X Mac OS X  Screen Resolution: 2560 x 1440 2560 x 1440

Ziknik » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:31 pm wrote:Are you still holding this one Px?

I'm still holding but wondering if I should bin it... or maybe top up.

Still holding, not worth much so probably will just let it ride and see what happens, probably turn into nothing IMO.
Pixel8r
Founder
Founder
Rhodium Rocket
Rhodium Rocket

Previous

Return to Mining Equity Investment