CoinInvestDirect.com

24Knews main news & discussion threads
Forum rules
Please read: 24Knews Forum Rules

CoinInvestDirect.com

Postby Pixel8r » Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:54 pm » Safari 6.0.1 Safari 6.0.1  Mac OS X Mac OS X  Screen Resolution: 1680 x 1050 1680 x 1050

CoinInvestDirect have kindly agreed to sponsor 24knews by donating towards the sites running costs. I have agreed to have an advert for them on the front page and to start a thread for them.

I have bought coins from CoinInvestDirect.com (CID) in the past and was happy with the service I received and the quality of the coins that were securely delivered.

Someone from CID is going to be registering on this site and using this forum to post about their services, special offers etc. They will also be interested to here about any improvements users think could be made to their service/company. Please make them welcome as I think that they will make a worthy addition to the site. :thumbup:
"Money is Gold, and nothing else"
(As John Pierpont Morgan once stated under oath before the USCongress and the Pujo Commission in 1912)
Pixel8r
Founder
Founder
Rhodium Rocket
Rhodium Rocket

Re: CoinInvestDirect.com

Postby wee Jinky » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:10 pm » Firefox 16.0 Firefox 16.0  Windows XP Windows XP  Screen Resolution: 1024 x 768 1024 x 768

Im looking forward to a new member who is actively involved in the game at a business level
so welcome to Mr/Mrs/Miss/Mz CID I've got a few questions waiting
:angel:
wee Jinky
Quarter Krug Member
Quarter Krug Member
Progress to next rank:
99.8%

Postby Coininvestdirect » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:02 pm » Internet Explorer 9 Internet Explorer 9  Windows Seven 64 bits Windows Seven 64 bits  Screen Resolution: 1536 x 864 1536 x 864

Dear All,
It is with great pleasure that i am writting to you today in order to present our company and what we do.
We would like to take the opportunity to listen to our customers and to people that have an interest in the gold/silver investment ( to the best of my/our ability).
The objective is to better our service and maybe to offer new products that you may think would be of interest for the general public.

Jewellers Trade Services Partners trade as Coininvestdirect.com for private investors and corporate customers. We strive on giving people/investors an opportunity to buy gold and silver without excessive fees. Coininvestdirect.com is a first-class distributor for the most famous mints around the world, like the Rand Refinery in South Africa, Austrian Mint, Royal British Mint, Royal Canadian Mint and the Australian Perth Mint. This guarantees the purity of silver and gold and the quality of the coins/bullions.

As a member of the World Gold Council and recently LBMA, and with many positive customer feedbacks, CoinInvestDirect is a reliable partner for your investment in precious metals.
Experts say that precious metals are a long term investment and should cover around ten per cent of your savings, so it is worth a try.
Coininvestdirect
Sponsor
Sponsor
Progress to next rank:
38%
New Drachma Holder
New Drachma Holder

Postby azazel » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:12 pm » Firefox 10.0 Firefox 10.0  Windows Seven 64 bits Windows Seven 64 bits  Screen Resolution: 1366 x 768 1366 x 768

Welcome to 24K News coin invest direct. I have bought items from you and have been satisfied with the service.

My suggestions to improve your service would be this:

More variety of silver bars. 1 ounce umicore bars, JM bars, UBS etc

Palladium & platinum bars, 1 ounce would be of most interest to me.

But the area which I think you could improve on the most is helping PM owners to sell their metals back to you. You say its the customers responsibility to send items to you but it would help if you could suggest a reliable service. As a large company you might be able to arrange collection which could be paid for in advance by the customer but would be at a fair rate and secure as you are in a position to be able to negotiate this service.

Otherwise I think the CID website is the best and prices are reasonably competitive. Thanks for supporting 24k news!. Azazel.
azazel
Silver Eagle Member
Silver Eagle Member
Progress to next rank:
64.4%

Postby warpig » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:40 pm » Google Chrome 23.0.127 Google Chrome 23.0.127  Windows Seven Windows Seven  Screen Resolution: 1680 x 1050 1680 x 1050

I'd second that, I've been impressed with CID's professional integrity having bought from you several times before. Keep up the good work! :thumbup:
"There can be no other criterion, no other standard than gold. Yes, gold which never changes, which can be turned into ingots bars, coins, which has no nationality and which is eternally and universally accepted as the unalterable fiduciary value par excellence"

"Betting against gold is the same as betting on governments. He who bets on governments and government money, bets against 6,000 years of recorded human history."

Charles de Gaulle
warpig
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster
Progress to next rank:
15.1%

Postby igglepiggle » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:44 am » Internet Explorer 9 Internet Explorer 9  Windows Seven 64 bits Windows Seven 64 bits  Screen Resolution: 1350 x 1080 1350 x 1080

CID are excellent for larger orders. Very impressed with the service. I have placed quite a few orders, and the one time they got it wrong they rectified the issue promptly. 5 stars!
"Wisdom often falls from the mouths of fools."
igglepiggle
Silver Eagle Member
Silver Eagle Member
Progress to next rank:
28.3%

Postby Coininvestdirect » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:50 am » Internet Explorer 9 Internet Explorer 9  Windows Seven 64 bits Windows Seven 64 bits  Screen Resolution: 1536 x 864 1536 x 864

azazel wrote:Welcome to 24K News coin invest direct. I have bought items from you and have been satisfied with the service.

My suggestions to improve your service would be this:

More variety of silver bars. 1 ounce umicore bars, JM bars, UBS etc

Palladium & platinum bars, 1 ounce would be of most interest to me.

But the area which I think you could improve on the most is helping PM owners to sell their metals back to you. You say its the customers responsibility to send items to you but it would help if you could suggest a reliable service. As a large company you might be able to arrange collection which could be paid for in advance by the customer but would be at a fair rate and secure as you are in a position to be able to negotiate this service.

Otherwise I think the CID website is the best and prices are reasonably competitive. Thanks for supporting 24k news!. Azazel.

Hello, most of our bars are from Heraeus as http://www.coininvestdirect.com can provide its customers with competitive rates on this brand.
The problem with silver is the VAT. As you know, most of the people buy their silver coins in Germany and even there, the VAT on bars is higher.
It is all about volume and supply. If a customer would contact me asking for many 1oz silver bars of a certain brands, i would spend time sourcing out this itmes.

We have Platinum that we do not advertise; this is only on request. We have currently in stock: 1/4oz Koala, 1/4oz Maple Leaf (ML), Platypus 1oz, 1/2oz ML, 1/10 Eagle and a set of 5 ML (1oz to 1/20) with hologram with certificate (limited edition and expensive).
In regard to Palladium, we have 1oz ML and we could get 1KG bars. Again, Platinum and Palladium are subject to VAT.

Another delicate subject besides VAT is usually the transport. Transport in this industry is always a problem alongside insurance. We would not have any control of what people put in the shipments and due to the nature of our business, we would have huge problem in case of discrepencies or lost parcels. As much as we would like to help people/customers, we need to make a diference in our core competences as this is selling coins and bullions at cheap price.

Anyhow, thank you for the good words. We always remain fully available for any queries you may have.
Coininvestdirect
Sponsor
Sponsor
Progress to next rank:
38%
New Drachma Holder
New Drachma Holder

Postby Coininvestdirect » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:21 pm » Internet Explorer 9 Internet Explorer 9  Windows Seven 64 bits Windows Seven 64 bits  Screen Resolution: 1536 x 864 1536 x 864

igglepiggle wrote:CID are excellent for larger orders. Very impressed with the service. I have placed quite a few orders, and the one time they got it wrong they rectified the issue promptly. 5 stars!

Hello, we act mostly as a wholesaler but we would like the general public to enjoy good rates too.

We have today 200*Britannia 2012 1oz gold for sale at a very preferential rate. If someone is interested in quantities such as 25, 50 or in that order, please PM or contact the office.
Coininvestdirect
Sponsor
Sponsor
Progress to next rank:
38%
New Drachma Holder
New Drachma Holder

Postby Smurf » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:20 pm » Google Chrome 23.0.127 Google Chrome 23.0.127  Windows Vista Windows Vista  Screen Resolution: 1440 x 900 1440 x 900

Hello CID, many thanks for supporting the website and for the information – very helpful. I’ve got a few comments:

I used to purchase silver & gold coins regularly from CID until a month ago, and have been very impressed with your service. However, there is now no longer anybody in the house during the day, and your courier (delivering in the UK) requires a signature. In contrast, Baird & Co deliver without requiring a signature, using Royal Mail special delivery, so I’m now only buying from them, however they have uncompetitive rates for silver, so I’m limited to buying gold at present.

I’m not sure if you were aware of the problem. The solution as I see it is to offer a facility for personal collection of an order within the UK once it has arrived from Germany, perhaps initially at CID’s London office, and perhaps elsewhere in due course – see for example amazon’s new locker collection facility, available at multiple locations, to cater for people who are out at work during the day http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/custome ... =200966210

I am sure this will be a huge growth area in the future, and companies will emerge that offer secure storage and collection of deliveries on behalf of multiple retailers; as with most things amazon are light years ahead of UK-based retailers.

One further bug bear is that the CID website seems extremely slow and sluggish, in particular when I initially attempt to ‘sign in’, and later when trying to progress through the ordering screens – it can take more than 10 minutes to progress from one screen to the next, and at certain points I have found it quicker to simply close the browser and reopen it again, relying on the CID website cookie to remember who I am, and what coins I have selected for my order. This may just be personal to me, however I find it a problem using both Chrome & IE7 at home, and IE7 at work.

I hope this is helpful. Thanks again.

:character-smurf:
Random avatar
Smurf
New Drachma Holder
New Drachma Holder
Progress to next rank:
86%

Postby warpig » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:05 pm » Google Chrome 23.0.127 Google Chrome 23.0.127  Windows Seven Windows Seven  Screen Resolution: 1680 x 1050 1680 x 1050

Try logging in and running a "ping -t coininvestdirect.com" from a command prompt, see if you're dropping more than 2 consecutive packets frequently. TBH it sounds like the problem is at your end, I just logged in and it was fine, but I concede the time of day may be a significant factor. If you're not dropping packets, do a full reset of IE, failing that it may be your MTU + RWIN TCP/IP settings that are causing the perceived delay. There's some info and utility here. It won't make a difference unless you're suffering this particular problem. Older versions of windows were more suceptable to it.

Smurf wrote:One further bug bear is that the CID website seems extremely slow and sluggish, in particular when I initially attempt to ‘sign in’, and later when trying to progress through the ordering screens – it can take more than 10 minutes to progress from one screen to the next, and at certain points I have found it quicker to simply close the browser and reopen it again, relying on the CID website cookie to remember who I am, and what coins I have selected for my order. This may just be personal to me, however I find it a problem using both Chrome & IE7 at home, and IE7 at work.
"There can be no other criterion, no other standard than gold. Yes, gold which never changes, which can be turned into ingots bars, coins, which has no nationality and which is eternally and universally accepted as the unalterable fiduciary value par excellence"

"Betting against gold is the same as betting on governments. He who bets on governments and government money, bets against 6,000 years of recorded human history."

Charles de Gaulle
warpig
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster
Progress to next rank:
15.1%

Postby Smurf » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:01 pm » Google Chrome 23.0.127 Google Chrome 23.0.127  Windows Vista Windows Vista  Screen Resolution: 1440 x 900 1440 x 900

Thanks for the advice Warpig, I will give this a go :)
Random avatar
Smurf
New Drachma Holder
New Drachma Holder
Progress to next rank:
86%

Postby Pixel8r » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:19 pm » Safari 6.0.1 Safari 6.0.1  Mac OS X Mac OS X  Screen Resolution: 1680 x 1050 1680 x 1050

Smurf wrote:Hello CID, many thanks for supporting the website and for the information – very helpful. I’ve got a few comments:

I used to purchase silver & gold coins regularly from CID until a month ago, and have been very impressed with your service. However, there is now no longer anybody in the house during the day, and your courier (delivering in the UK) requires a signature. In contrast, Baird & Co deliver without requiring a signature, using Royal Mail special delivery, so I’m now only buying from them, however they have uncompetitive rates for silver, so I’m limited to buying gold at present.

It's the same for me Smurf sometimes, but I get the coins delivered to me at work via CID. Can't you do that?
(As John Pierpont Morgan once stated under oath before the USCongress and the Pujo Commission in 1912)
Pixel8r
Founder
Founder
Rhodium Rocket
Rhodium Rocket

Postby Pixel8r » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:21 pm » Safari 6.0.1 Safari 6.0.1  Mac OS X Mac OS X  Screen Resolution: 1680 x 1050 1680 x 1050

I have never had a problem with the CID website FWIW.
Pixel8r
Founder
Founder
Rhodium Rocket
Rhodium Rocket

Postby Coininvestdirect » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:27 pm » Internet Explorer 9 Internet Explorer 9  Windows Seven 64 bits Windows Seven 64 bits  Screen Resolution: 1249 x 702 1249 x 702

Smurf wrote:Hello CID, many thanks for supporting the website and for the information – very helpful. I’ve got a few comments:

I’m not sure if you were aware of the problem. The solution as I see it is to offer a facility for personal collection of an order within the UK once it has arrived from Germany, perhaps initially at CID’s London office, and perhaps elsewhere in due course – see for example amazon’s new locker collection facility, available at multiple locations, to cater for people who are out at work during the day http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/custome ... =200966210

I am sure this will be a huge growth area in the future, and companies will emerge that offer secure storage and collection of deliveries on behalf of multiple retailers; as with most things amazon are light years ahead of UK-based retailers.

One further bug bear is that the CID website seems extremely slow and sluggish, in particular when I initially attempt to ‘sign in’, and later when trying to progress through the ordering screens – it can take more than 10 minutes to progress from one screen to the next, and at certain points I have found it quicker to simply close the browser and reopen it again, relying on the CID website cookie to remember who I am, and what coins I have selected for my order. This may just be personal to me, however I find it a problem using both Chrome & IE7 at home, and IE7 at work.

I hope this is helpful. Thanks again.

:character-smurf:

Hello, we try our best with silver and it is true that it is a product that is really sought after. It is called the gold of the poor and it is forecasted for a huge price hike. The coins are really good looking and there is a range of display case that makes you take all of the value for our coins: http://www.coininvestdirect.com/en/sear ... h_text=box

Not having a client available the day of the delivery is something we dread as having boxes going back and forth is not ideal. Normally, UPS policy dictates that the driver has to try one delivery before the client is allowed to look for the parcels at their depot. Sometimes they are even more helpful and they organise for the customer to go to the depot straight away. For that, you will need to know your closest depot and be nice to UPS call centre. We also offer to our client base to choose their shipping address and to selection their working place or a familly member/neighbour house. You will need to indicate someone you trust as once the delivery is made, the responsability is passed over. At last, we do organise for some people to come to the office picking up their goods if they can indicate an accurate date of collection.

I have to say that the Amazon pick-up solution is very helpful. It would have help me getting my wedding pictures that ended up i do not where.
Having physicl gold and having some gold in a storage is two different pictures and the fundamental are on the opposite. There is a big debate between independent storage and companies that use institutional storage. Anyhow, the idea is excellent and there might be something to think of there. But would it become a target for some ill advise people? Would feel ok sending your wife picking up x amount of gold bars in .....?

Coininvestdirect is trying to get better IT system like all companies and sometimes we have website version updates and this is creating everything to run slow on the moment. Otherwise i never had any trouble using my personal account from home.

On the final note, maybe we should explain moire about the delivery procedure and the site/company functionment for people to have the better picture on what would suit them.
Coininvestdirect
Sponsor
Sponsor
Progress to next rank:
38%
New Drachma Holder
New Drachma Holder

Postby Coininvestdirect » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:23 pm » Firefox 12.0 Firefox 12.0  Windows Seven 64 bits Windows Seven 64 bits  Screen Resolution: 1600 x 900 1600 x 900

Pixel8r wrote:

It's the same for me Smurf sometimes, but I get the coins delivered to me at work via CID. Can't you do that?

The goods news is that UPS will actually follow up on the path of Amazon and we will be able to offer a similar collection service in the different securing.
It is true that nowadays people are busier and reliable collection point seems to be the future. :idea:
Coininvestdirect
Sponsor
Sponsor
Progress to next rank:
38%
New Drachma Holder
New Drachma Holder

Postby Coininvestdirect » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:33 pm » Internet Explorer 9 Internet Explorer 9  Windows Seven 64 bits Windows Seven 64 bits  Screen Resolution: 1536 x 864 1536 x 864

We have the ``Magical Reindeer´´2012 that we would like to offer to our clients.

This is a 7.92 g silver coin from the Royal Canadian Mint with written Happy Holidays & Joyeuse Fetes on the packaging.

The ideal gift for your love one!

http://www.coininvestdirect.com/en/silver_coins/magical-reindeer-20-dollar-exchange-20-for-20-series-7-96g-silver-2012.html
Last edited by Pixel8r on Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: I have sorted your link and added an image
Coininvestdirect
Sponsor
Sponsor
Progress to next rank:
38%
New Drachma Holder
New Drachma Holder

Postby azazel » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:23 am » Firefox 17.0 Firefox 17.0  Windows Seven 64 bits Windows Seven 64 bits  Screen Resolution: 1440 x 900 1440 x 900

Hi CID, why do you put gift boxes in the best price per ounce sections? Boxes are made of paper so how can you compare them against the value of metals?
azazel
Silver Eagle Member
Silver Eagle Member
Progress to next rank:
64.4%

Postby Acton Boy » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:24 pm » Safari Mobile 6.0 Safari Mobile 6.0  iPad iPad  Screen Resolution: 768 x 1024 768 x 1024

I'm thinking of buying 2013 silver brittanias and wish to pay the German VAT rate of 7% rather than the UK rate of 20%.
CoinInvestDirect state that to do so I need to take delivery in Germany, and they recommend a courier company for shipping.
Does anyone have comments or any experience of using this system and any knowledge of being charged UK VAT to bring it into the UK or do the European rules allow it in without any further charge?

Pick up and shipping info page.

http://www.coininvestdirect.com/en/orde ... rmany.html
Random avatar
Acton Boy
Silver Eagle Member
Silver Eagle Member
Progress to next rank:
71.7%

Postby wee Jinky » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:38 pm » Firefox 17.0 Firefox 17.0  Windows XP Windows XP  Screen Resolution: 1024 x 768 1024 x 768

afaik- once you have paid vat in an eu country then vat cannot be charged a 2nd time
in another eu country - seems like this is a viable loophole
wee Jinky
Quarter Krug Member
Quarter Krug Member
Progress to next rank:
99.8%

Postby Stun Lee and Win » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:45 am » Google Chrome 23.0.127 Google Chrome 23.0.127  Windows Seven 64 bits Windows Seven 64 bits  Screen Resolution: 1920 x 1080 1920 x 1080

Yep. It is worth adding that German VAT on silver coins will move to 19% at the start of 2014 (from the current 7%).
Stun Lee and Win
Silver Eagle Member
Silver Eagle Member
Progress to next rank:
83.5%

Next

Return to Main Discussion Forum