Independence

24Knews main news & discussion threads
Forum rules
Please read: 24Knews Forum Rules

Re: Independence

Postby wee Jinky » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:20 pm » Safari 4.0 Safari 4.0  Android Android  Screen Resolution: 1280 x 800 1280 x 800

There has to be another vote on europe Wp
We are in the eu atm , independence takes us out
we need to have a democratic vote to go back in.
I will be against that as well .
One step at a time
wee Jinky
Half Krug Member
Half Krug Member
Progress to next rank:
0.3%

Postby warpig » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:23 pm » Google Chrome 37.0.206 Google Chrome 37.0.206  Windows Seven 64 bits Windows Seven 64 bits  Screen Resolution: 1680 x 1050 1680 x 1050

Northern Ireland doesn't want independence AFAIK. Have I got that wrong?

[quote="warpig » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:40 pm"]It's interesting you didn't mention the Welsh or the Irish.

If you hadn't noticed the Irish have been fighting for independence on and off for 700 years... :eh:
"There can be no other criterion, no other standard than gold. Yes, gold which never changes, which can be turned into ingots bars, coins, which has no nationality and which is eternally and universally accepted as the unalterable fiduciary value par excellence"

"Betting against gold is the same as betting on governments. He who bets on governments and government money, bets against 6,000 years of recorded human history."

Charles de Gaulle
warpig
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster
Progress to next rank:
15.1%

Postby warpig » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:25 pm » Google Chrome 37.0.206 Google Chrome 37.0.206  Windows Seven 64 bits Windows Seven 64 bits  Screen Resolution: 1680 x 1050 1680 x 1050

You might be against it, but it won't stop Salmond's economic master plan... I can almost hear the slogan now... We're "Better Together..." :naughty:

wee Jinky » 16 Sep 2014 00:20 wrote:There has to be another vote on europe Wp
One step at a time
"There can be no other criterion, no other standard than gold. Yes, gold which never changes, which can be turned into ingots bars, coins, which has no nationality and which is eternally and universally accepted as the unalterable fiduciary value par excellence"

"Betting against gold is the same as betting on governments. He who bets on governments and government money, bets against 6,000 years of recorded human history."

Charles de Gaulle
warpig
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster
Progress to next rank:
15.1%

Postby Laura » Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:20 am » Google Chrome 34.0.184 Google Chrome 34.0.184  Android Android  Screen Resolution: 960 x 544 960 x 544

Salmond's only economic master plan is the standard one: Obey your masters in order to fill your pockets.
He is doing very well, turning a degree of (despicable) order into tribal chaos without upsetting the status quo of land possession and bankster control.

warpig » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:25 am wrote:You might be against it, but it won't stop Salmond's economic master plan... I can almost hear the slogan now... We're "Better Together..." :naughty:

wee Jinky » 16 Sep 2014 00:20 wrote:There has to be another vote on europe Wp
One step at a time
Sai Baba, when asked the question "What is the purpose of physical life?" responded: "To learn not to do it again."
Laura
Half Krug Member
Half Krug Member
Progress to next rank:
51.4%

Postby warpig » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:30 am » Google Chrome 37.0.206 Google Chrome 37.0.206  Windows Seven 64 bits Windows Seven 64 bits  Screen Resolution: 1680 x 1050 1680 x 1050

Everyone with a vested interest in the referendum should read this article.

It was within a public meeting that I realised there was no absolutely no debate within the Yes camp. Zero debate – the focus was instead on attacking the enemy and creating an impenetrable shell to protect the unquestionable entity. In its place was a kind of shopping list of desires that was being added to daily. So there was: Get rid of Trident, raise the minimum wage, lower corporation tax, promote gay and lesbian rights, create a world leading Green economy, exploit oil to the full and become a world leading petro-chemical economy, nationalise the banks, nationalise BP, be more attractive to foreign investment. The shopping list of ‘positive’ ideal goals could never tally up, the desires of the Yessers were incompatible and contradicted each other, but to raise this was seen as being ‘negative’. Every kind of Yes had to be included, and this meant there could be no debate. Instead there was a kind of self-censorship and conformism. The Yes camp had turned itself into a recruitment machine which had to silence dissent and differences between the many clashing interest groups under its banner. This was what YES had started to mean – it meant YES to everything – everything is possible – so don’t question anything. You couldn’t talk about what would happen after the referendum because then all the conflicts between all the different desires and factions would emerge. Questioning even triggered a self-policing process – The Yes Thought Police – rather like the Calvinist one in which doubters started to hate themselves and became fearful of showing signs of their inner torment. I have witnessed some of the greatest minds within Scotland go through this process, one week they are vocally discussing complex issues of global capitalism and the next they’re posting ‘selfies’ of teenagers waving flags and photos of cute puppy dogs carrying Yes signs in their mouths. The conformist dumbing down has been acute and noted by those outside Scotland who wondered where all the intellectuals went.

So why do we need to leave the union to engage in this painful process we call democracy?

I left the Yes camp and joined the No camp not because I like the UK or think the status quo works well as it is. No. I think things are as complicated and compromised as they always are and that we live in trying times. The Yes camp understand that and so have created an illusion of a free space in which everything you’ve ever wanted can come to pass – overnight. How can it? There are exactly the same political conflicts within the factions of Yes as there are within the UK.

http://wakeupscotland.wordpress.com/201 ... nged-to-no

Charles de Gaulle
warpig
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster
Progress to next rank:
15.1%

Previous

Return to Main Discussion Forum